Did I do something wrong?

Options
I worked out on my honey's exercise machine. He tells me that it's not really weights that I'm using but resistance training. Anyway, I logged it into my exercise section but it isn't showing that I burned any calories. I didn't do very much on it being my first time but I thought I'd get something out of it. Am I logging it in wrong??

Any advice??

203175.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• Laura021967
    Laura021967 Posts: 42
    Options
    I worked out on my honey's exercise machine. He tells me that it's not really weights that I'm using but resistance training. Anyway, I logged it into my exercise section but it isn't showing that I burned any calories. I didn't do very much on it being my first time but I thought I'd get something out of it. Am I logging it in wrong??

Any advice??

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    To see the calories, you have to log it under the cardio section, not strength training section. Just beware that the calories reflected from strength training can vary greatly and they may not be accurate. I use my HRM when I lift and enter the calories burned on it. You can enter either calories or minutes. I find if I enter minutes, it credits me for far more calories burned than my HRM does.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Weights/resistance training doesn't show up under burning calories, you don't burn that much over what you would otherwise.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Weights/resistance training doesn't show up under burning calories, you don't burn that much over what you would otherwise.

That is not true.

If you weigh 150 lbs and you lift weights you can expect to burn:

Weight lifting, vigorous effort
    Free weight, Nautilus or universal-type, power lifting or body building >>(15 min.) 85cal (1 hour) 340cal

Weight lifting, light or moderate effort, light workout
    Free, Nautilus, or universal-type >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(15 min) 34cal (1 hour)136cal

_____________________________from - - - http://calorielab.com/burned/

Some people (who are regular weight-lifters, like Songbyrdsweet), burn up to 900 calories in a weight lifting session. Message her for more info.