any Hour Glass Pear Shape Ladies?

Options
need some new friends on here.. any ladies pear shaped? hour glass as some ppl would say? looking to lose about 15 lbs.. what has helped you and what do you watch out for? carbs?

Replies

• Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm pear shaped can be frustrating at times bc I can lose 10lbs and still wear the same size .... My name is Vanessa I started at 183lb ( 5ft 6 in) starting using MFP regularly in Sept 2011 and I'm down 37lbs... I just follow a 1,200 calorie diet and excerise 6 days a week for atleast an hour ... And I've lost 3 inches of my hips yaay still have 21 more lbs to go... Feel free to add me we can support each other on our weight loss journey
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is me, but I have more than 15 to lose. What has helped? Nothing magical - I eat 1300-1800 cals a day depending on my activity level (I try to net about 1200). I do C25k which has helped my lower half catch up to my upper.
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a bit pair shaped, I'm biggest on the bottom but I have big boobs too, I know most pear shapes tend to be quite flat chested. Anyway since I've started working out my thighs and hips have just gone a bit out of control I marched up to the instructor at the end of a class the other week and angrily said "this isn't supposed to make me bigger, what is going on?" hehe, she told me that I must just put on muscle really easily and eventually once the fat burning starts that area will trim down and just be nice and muscular. She better be right! :-)
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm not pear shaped, but I kind of wish I was! I think it's one of the most gorgeous body shapes for a women. Rock your shape ladies!
  • nebulinda
    nebulinda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of pear/hourglass shaped, also looking to lose about 15. While a good diet and calorie deficit will lose the weight, the best thing to have a nicely shaped body is to do weight training. I don't have the money or desire to join a gym, so I just do a bodyweight routine three time a week consisting of squats, lunges, push ups, and plank.

And zinok, I agree that it's a great shape for a woman. Despite my floppy muscles and stomach pouch, I think I look pretty good.
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It can be a really difficult shape to dress though, I think. It looks good in a figure hugging dress because of all the curves but trying to find a pair of jeans, what a nightmare!

Does anyone else fine this a problem? It seems that the zips on the jeans don't unzip low enough to create a big enough opening to fit my hips into so I have to get a bigger size which then hangs off my waist. I would so love to find a pair of jeans that fit me.
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @ amycool - Jean shopping is an absolute nightmare I have yet to find a pair to fit me right.

I'm 5'6.5 and I'm a pair/hourglass kind of shape. My hips are massive!! Especially since i've had my boys. Like another poster has said I'm doing strength training because it's supposed to burn fat and eventually I will be left with a lovely body!!

I would say avoid Beer!! I haven't drank for 3 months and went out Saturday, it's taken till today for my eating and excercise to be back on track and I actually wish I didn't bother going out now!! :)

If anybody wants to add me feel free I need the motivation!
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    im pear shape and i absolutly hate it, some times when i wear the wrong clothes its looks like my top half is not meant to be attached to my bottom half, horrible:(
  • camilleesqueda
    Options
    I'm an hourglass with 6-10 more pounds to lose. I kind of hate being an hourglass. It makes clothes shopping hard. LOL
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass, through and through. I have 20 pounds to lose though, so I only have my before photos.
  • echandle12
    Options
    The jean shopping about the zipper is exactly me. I am pear for sure, I do cardio daily and bootcamp/circuit train 2-3 days a week. It has help with the slimming and toning. I am ready for muscle to gobble up the fat in the hips though. PS i do rock my shape though, I hated it when I was in highschool, but I love the shape and curves now.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    im hourglassed shaoed which is different than pear shapes since pears are smaller up top.

since stomach area is the last place my body wants to gain weight, its the first place im losing and my hourglass is becoming more noticeable. when i was younger i hated it and the attention id get, so i wore lot of baggy clothes. now om old enougb to be ok witn the attention plus im a lot more assertive and feel reasonably secure on the knowledge that i can protect myself if done dude got overly handsy.,in fact one of the main things that caused me to gain weight was after som:grumble: e dude in paris carried me behind a bldg and, tried to attack me :mad: i ended up thinkinh noone wants to pick up a fat girl because its harder.

i dont have a problem with pants because im also short waisted so i don't buy pants to fit my waist, just my hips and thighs.
    tops and blazers are problems though.

workout wise i'm lifting heavy weights 3 times a week and doing about 4 hours of cardio a well, most of which is hiit
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am a pear.
  • ShawtyLatina
    ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am def a pear shape with a 14 inch difference between my breasts and my hips, and with a smaller waist in between. Unfortunately, I also seem to lose weight from top down. So my bottom is always the last place to reap the benefits for weight loss. When I have seen a major difference in my lower half, it's when I've run consistently (somewhere for 3 to 4 times a week) on a very soft surface like a running track. If I run on concrete, i still lose weight, but I tend to bulk up more muscles on the legs, which adds to the bulk instead of trimming it. Eating right overall is key. Balanced is best. And stay consistent with the exercise, remembering that weight bearing exercises (running on hard surface, stairclimbing, etc) will add bulk and things like swimming, soft surface running, elliptical will burn calories without too much muscle bulking. Welcome to MFP. You'll def find support here. The folks are awesome! Good luck!
  • maglodee
    maglodee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term "zaftig", but it's all pretty much the same! I love my shape, but it does require more trips to the tailor for perfectly fitting clothes. The plus side is I can gain a little weight and no one notices, but the drawback is I can lose some weight and no one notices! It goes both ways...

I found JM's 30DS worked really well for me. In the 30 days, I went down 16lbs and 16.5 inches in all the right places.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a bit pair shaped, I'm biggest on the bottom but I have big boobs too, I know most pear shapes tend to be quite flat chested. Anyway since I've started working out my thighs and hips have just gone a bit out of control I marched up to the instructor at the end of a class the other week and angrily said "this isn't supposed to make me bigger, what is going on?" hehe, she told me that I must just put on muscle really easily and eventually once the fat burning starts that area will trim down and just be nice and muscular. She better be right! :-)

Yup, this is me. I am a pear with big boobs. My shoulders are more narrow, so I don't really look like an hourglass. I am 1/3 of the way to my goal. And I gain muscle pretty easily (I have huge quads)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    im hourglassed shaoed which is different than pear shapes since pears are smaller up top.

since stomach area is the last place my body wants to gain weight, its the first place im losing and my hourglass is becoming more noticeable. when i was younger i hated it and the attention id get, so i wore lot of baggy clothes. now om old enougb to be ok witn the attention plus im a lot more assertive and feel reasonably secure on the knowledge that i can protect myself if done dude got overly handsy.,in fact one of the main things that caused me to gain weight was after som:grumble: e dude in paris carried me behind a bldg and, tried to attack me :mad: i ended up thinkinh noone wants to pick up a fat girl because its harder.

i dont have a problem with pants because im also short waisted so i don't buy pants to fit my waist, just my hips and thighs.
    tops and blazers are problems though.

workout wise i'm lifting heavy weights 3 times a week and doing about 4 hours of cardio a well, most of which is hiit

So with you on the blazers. They just don't fit without major modification!
    I have short waist, long legs, so pants can be a pain as well. (I mainly gain below the belly button and in my bust.)
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am a pear. Lol but I made my self into a hourglass, does that count? I was consistently teased growing up about being mishapped. So I bought boobies. Anyway I have big hips that got bigger after having a baby. :( they sure did help though. I have the hardest time losing weight from my butt and thighs. I've gave up on wanting to make them smaller, now I just want them tone and defined.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a pear. There are positives -- with the right clothes, I look really skinny and/or hourglass. I've even surprised doctors when I get on the scale. One asked me if I had "rocks in my pockets". :laugh: Also, pears have fewer health risks. Mobility can be a problem over time, however. Butt & thigh fat is heavier than upper body fat so we can't go by the charts.

The big negative is finding pants. Even when I was thin with a 26" waist (I'm 5'10") , I'd have to buy big pants and either creatively use belts and pins or have them altered.

Like others, I've given up on trying to get rid of my hips. I have NO plans to lipo them.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass with a little lean toward the pear shape. There's a definite waist, but my hips have always been bigger around (and I mean hips, not butt) than my ribcage.

I'm working on hip figure-eights and a lot of hip swinging aerobics to try to slim down and tone my thighs, but I think I'm always going to have wide hips either way. :tongue: