Thanks to MFP and heavy lifting (pic - 33 lbs lost)

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Do you weightlift in a gym or at home? How many pounds?

Thank you. I lift in a gym. With Stronglifts, I'm doing 5 basic lifts - squat, bench, overhead press, deadlift, barbell row. Right now I'm at 115 squat, 130 deadlift.

Love this so much. No stuffing around with fluff exercise, solid nutritional plan & you are proof of what happens! Great stuff.
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sarahjean222
    Options
    I don't mind being heavy, I just want to be compact!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • trekkietaz
    Options
    very good keep up the good work:smile:
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Can I friend you so you can help encourage me? I'm 33 and a mother of 3 1/2 year old twins. I'm 5'8" and started MFP at 179, which was my heaviest other than when I was pregnant. I've only lost a few pounds so far. I'm also a runner, although not doing too many races these days- I'm working on getting to more of those. And I'm thinking about doing a triathlon in August. I want to get into lifting, but I'm not sure how to start. Your story, though, has definitely encouraged me to try it. Great job! You look great!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good work!! Super proud of you and what a great motivation for us. :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Wow...Amazing...Your arms & shoulders are so toned...That is my goal...To be toned....You are a great motivator for us that are just starting to work with weights....I am waiting for my NROLFW to come in the mail today....Can't wait to start!! You look great!!
    Thanks for sharing!! :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Get it, girl!

I really enjoy strength training (and just drag myself through cardio, generally) and am seriously thinking about going this route, too!
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    very well done
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look phenomenal:flowerforyou: !
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment!!!! You look amazing!! Question, on your wt lifiting days did you lift for 35 to 45 minutes? I need to add strength trainging into my routine and need some guidance. Would definitely appreciate your input.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    LOVE this and I wanted to ask while on maintenance calories did you see a small gain again? I'm at a plateau and now doing the same thing to see if I can get a loss going. Congratulations and you are AWESOME!
  • mwc42
    mwc42 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to see pictures . They speak the truth. This is a amazing story. Im just inspired! Thanks for sharing and keep up with the good work!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    WOW.. you look great.... Keep up the GREAT work
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Wow Great job!!! Goes to show that Weight lifting for woman is key!!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference the lifting makes! You look like you lost a lot more than 33 pounds!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    You look great and will definitely be my motiviation. Im also 5'7 and a mom to 3 under 10. My starting weight was higher but Im currently in the 170's and seem to be stuck there! I started lifting recently and really love it. I hope it gives me the extra push I need. Thanks for the pic's!
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    great job
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I lift in a gym. With Stronglifts, I'm doing 5 basic lifts - squat, bench, overhead press, deadlift, barbell row. Right now I'm at 115 squat, 130 deadlift.

Those are some solid numbers! great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!