Gym Equipment

Aside from the treadmill burning the most amount of calories (or so I've heard) which would be the next best piece of cardio equipment to be sweating on at the gym? I am currently hooked to the stairmaster but I was wondering if I should be spending more time on a stairmill or elliptical machine...any thoughts?

Replies

• Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    The elliptical if available, especially on ab day...strengthens your core while making you burn a good amount of calories (just make sure you have good posture when you start).

Good luck!
  • LoFoSho
    LoFoSho Posts: 11
    Thanks for the advice! I currently do an hour of cardio split between the elliptical on fat burning mode and the stairmaster on fat burning mode. I was just wondering if I should think about the treadmill at all lol I was thinking of pairing that with the C25K program. Good or bad idea?
  • Lukazetta
    In my opinion, the best way to burn calories is by pushing yourself further than what you're comfortable with.

In your case, if you think the fat burning modes on those machines is working well towards your goal then there's no need to change it.
    However, if you feel comfortable- the best option is the treadmill. Running is probably the best thing you can do to lose the most calories but you have to make sure you recover well from it.

C25K is a great interval training program, I haven't used it but my sister said good things about it.
    I suggest trying it out because will boost your endurance and you should be able to burn the most calories from it. You can also still do both running and then use the machines after to cool down.

Hope this helps, good luck!
  • LoFoSho
    LoFoSho Posts: 11
    Thanks for the tips! I will keep that in mind. I just need to buy a band for my arm so I can run with some music. I'm too scared to set my iPhone on the machine and then have it drop on me mid-run..(it's happened before) haha
  • Lukazetta
    Haha, I've had that happen to my phone too (lucky that only my case broke) so I should probably do the same.

But music definitely helps motivate or at least distract you a bit. Good luck!