What size pant are you at 5'6 and 160lbs?

Options

Replies

• starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Im too short to answer your question personally, BUT, You can go to www.mybodygallery.com and type in the height and weight, and it will bring up pictures of people with those stats! Hope that helps.

Wow this website is a good reference. Thanks for sharing!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and 161 - I'm in a 10' and they are very comfortable - no pinching or muffin tops.
  • scoste
    scoste Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    10 or 12. Clothes are cut so differently these days.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was a perfect 10(LOL)..trying to get back there : /
  • llarsen29
    llarsen29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 160. I wear a 10-12
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and 163 wearing size 12. 10 lbs heavier and I was in a 16.
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i really think it all depends on how you carry your weight, and that's dif for everyone, at 177 and 5.4 i could wear a size 11.
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and was 158 when I started this, I was a size 10. Still am, mostly. I don't get that...
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    160 is < 8 for me. 150's are 6, 140's are 4.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Im too short to answer your question personally, BUT, You can go to www.mybodygallery.com and type in the height and weight, and it will bring up pictures of people with those stats! Hope that helps.

This is the best solution. :)

Based on where I've been. I am 5'4.5" and 160 that should work out to be a 10 on me.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    depends on the brand but I'm an 8-10 (I have a pair of jeans in a 6 but that's a fluke) at 165.

But I'm heavier than I look by ....a lot. Depends how YOU carry weight. I'm heavy in general and muscular right now besides. I expect to be a comfortable 6 at 155.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". At 160 I was a 10/12. Now at 151, most 10s are too big. Once upon a time, at 135, I was a 2/4...that's where I'm trying to get to now! :)

This is what is absolutely amazing to me. I was exactly 132 all through high school (I briefly made it to 127, but that didn't last...my body wanted 132 and nothing less) and at 132 I was a 10/12. At 140-145 I was barely squeezing into a 12. And I'm 5'5", so I'm only two inches shorter than you, and you are a 2/4 at the same-ish weight. It's like a cruel joke on me. So frustrating to know there is apparently no way in all of Hades that my body will let me get to a 6/8. :sad: :explode: :sad: :mad: :sad:

We all end up carrying it differently. More strength training! I've always been "solid" and I was a 12-14 at 180. (I am 5'4.5")
  • MindBodySoehlFitness
    Options
    SIZE 10 :( But on my way back down to a 6 :)
  • AAthena
    AAthena Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started mfp at 160 and was a size 13-15... Much larger than most other ppl reported. I am a major pear shape and usually wear boot cut jeans that sit low on the waist... That may make a difference. I am now 140 and wear a 10 -12...but mainly 12s
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    5ft, 5-1/2in @ 168 and I'm wearing a 10. When I was 173# I was wearing a 12 but then I added lifting heavy. Six weeks later I had only lost 1# scale weight but, at 172# fit into size 10's. I was a pear shape and am now more of an hourglass but I still carry most of my weight in my butt, hips and saddlebags and lifting heavy is really helping me lose inches in those areas.
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    I'm 5'5' and 150 pounds in a size 12. My biggest problem though is belly. I have big boobs and no waist, small hips. Not a good look.

YES! This is me! Exactly! (Well, when I was 150 anyway) I thought I was the only non-waif that had the no waist/hip thing. I have a giant gut and no hips.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.75" and at 160lbs I was an 8-10 depending on the pants.
  • niknanette
    Options
    10 or 12 depending on brand. More $$=smaller size
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    When I started gaining weight years ago, it was about 10 years ago that I was 160 pounds, I wore a size 14/16 at 160 back then.
    I'm 5"6 and had a stick skinny/boyish shape (no/super small boobs, no/super small hips, nor no/super small butt) ...an apple:indifferent:

Today, i'm between 179.8-181 pounds and wear a size 14/16 now...go figure:indifferent:

So...clothes sizing has/have definitely changed. I see people wearing a size 6 now that were considered a size 10-12 back then, when I wore a size 6 when I was 118 pounds and stick skinny. Today that 118 would be a size zero or size 2
  • Kittie_Kat
    Kittie_Kat Posts: 101
    Options
    At 5'7" and 159lbs I was a 10/12 only because I have slightly bigger hips lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!