hCG diet??

Options
has anyone tried the hCG diet? i have a friend who did it, and it seemed to work well for her, but i was wondering what other people's experiences have looked like. thanks so much, everyone! :)

Replies

• jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I'm planning to start it at the end of May :) my girlfriend's mom, as well as her best friend, have both had AMAZING results on it. I'm only planning to lose about 30 pounds on it, but I'm really hoping it works! Apparently the drops are super-expensive...but losing so much weight in such a short period of time is totally worth it to me!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    NO, don't do it, all it is is starving yourself. Most people will just gain the weight back and more. MFP does not allow this and your post is going to get deleted.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried the hCG diet? i have a friend who did it, and it seemed to work well for her, but i was wondering what other people's experiences have looked like. thanks so much, everyone! :)

MFP does not allow posts about hCG because we do not support dangerous and fad diets.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    no no no no no no no no no no no no and no.
  • katglaze
    katglaze Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I work with several doctors, none of them say it is safe long term. The reason being there is no long term research, one in particular told me to do many things but never HCG.
  • catwomanclaws
    catwomanclaws Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    Do NOT do it.

It's one of the worse fad diets out there. Why would you want to injest hormones and then starve yourself on 500 calories a day.

I have a friend who has done it 4 times. Each time she gained the weight back. She's now a member of MFP.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Please read this article before you do that diet.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Why do it? It's a fraud. It's a starvation diet. Of course you'll lose tons of weight. You are starving yourself. It will mess up your body and most gain it all back plus some when you stop.

Quick weight loss isn't the way to go. We all want to be thin but most people here know that it's healthy to do it the slow way and stay clear of the fads.

Just a word of warning, this thread will soon be locked as MFP doesn't approve threads about dangerous, starvation diets.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What every single person said x 10.

And as pathetic as it is, I have done it. *shakes head*

What exactly does "working well" mean? Any plan that says you can't exercise is a red flag.

I will quickly recap of my experience on HCG....in no particular order....

1. Excitement over "the secret" to finally being thin
    2. No less than two hours a day spent obsessively reading HCG diet forums
    3. Apple days
    4. Being a ***** - it actually messed with my hormones that much. I could not even think logically. Thank God I have pushy friends and family who demanded I get off it. Got defensive when others told me it was no good.
    5. Not having a social life.
    6. Not working out for months on end
    7. Current depression and anxiety worsened by ten during the diet
    8. Did I mention you can't exercise? Screw the claim that "it spares muscle." That's a crock. You need to use your muscles.

HCG will not make you healthy, trim, fit, and toned. If you want to be thin......and are willing to sacrifice your overall health.....then, sure....it works well.

P.S. I was the heaviest I had ever been in my life after that phase. It's taken me all of 2011 to work off those 25 pounds - the hard way. Totally slowed my metabolism by starving myself with HCG.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Anybody bring any popcorn? *sits down*
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Come on, lose weight the safe way. There is no "magic pill." Why would you want to take crazy hormones and starve yourself? MFP is all about a healthy lifestyle. There is lots of support on here for people who want to do it the right way.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My spidey sense is tingling...I sense a thread lock/deletion coming soon
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    It's pregnancy hormone. It can be made synthetically (read: chemicals yum) or extracted from a pregnant woman's pee. (even better). How about diet and exercise. Works for everyone.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you plan on doing after you are done starving yourself on the hgc diet? If there is no lifestyle change, you'll just put the weight back on again.

But hey, good luck taking the dangerous, though easy, way out.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I did it twice.

I was light headed, nauseated, had heart flutters and no energy.
    I lost weight both times and then gained it back plus 10 lbs.
    It wrecked my metabolisim and I have just gotten it back after several months.
    It is not a healthy way of eating and I would say RUN AWAY!!!!

Since joining MFP and eating right, I have lost 22 lbs in 9 weeks, gained a ton of muscle, have TONS of energy, I am not starving all the time and I can run 10 miles like a champ! None of that was possible with HCG

exercise.png
  • cenedra777
    Options
    I'm doing HCG. I've spent thousands of dollars over the years on just about every proram (Medifast, WW, NutriSystem, Adipex, etc) - but this is the first one that I've had work for me. It's not for everyone, and some people are really successful on those other programs - but I'm just relieved to finally have found something that works for me! Although, there are days I'd kill for a basket full of Olive Garden breadsticks. LOL.

I'd be happy to talk with you about it more, if you're interested. I encourage you to research it, then make the choice for yourself. It's your body - it's your choice. :)

I'm not looking to start an argument with anyone - I'm expressing my opinion and experience....and hope everyone finds success on whatever plan they choose.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I did it twice.

I was light headed, nauseated, had heart flutters and no energy.
    I lost weight both times and then gained it back plus 10 lbs.
    It wrecked my metabolisim and I have just gotten it back after several months.
    It is not a healthy way of eating and I would say RUN AWAY!!!!

Since joining MFP and eating right, I have lost 22 lbs in 9 weeks, gained a ton of muscle, have TONS of energy, I am not starving all the time and I can run 10 miles like a champ! None of that was possible with HCG

exercise.png

5ppiu1.gif
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Self-Imposed Third World Standard Nutrition Diet
    Small Toy Dog Diet
    Pregnant Woman Pee Diet

These are but some of the alternative names for the HCG (Horribly Contrived Garbage) diet.

Stop dieting. Make a lasting change.
This discussion has been closed.