leftover black beans

Options
kermiehiho
kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
I have half a can of black beans left over from a recipe (tried a black bean brownie recipe :wink: ) and I'm not sure what to make. I need something easy and fast. Help please...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have half a can of black beans left over from a recipe (tried a black bean brownie recipe :wink: ) and I'm not sure what to make. I need something easy and fast. Help please...:flowerforyou:
  • welshlinde
    welshlinde Posts: 5
    Options
    Black bean salsa is always good. Just mix the beans with canned corn, fresh tomatoes, cilantro & jalapenos (if you like spicy stuff) then squeeze some lime juice on top. Avocados are really good in this also. Also good if you can let it sit to marinate for a couple hours. Tasty on top of grilled chicken. And even better on tortilla chips!
  • mother23ts
    mother23ts Posts: 70
    Options
    You can make a breakfast wrap with eggs cheese black beans and salsa (sour cream optional). Or a lunch wrap with chicken black beans and salsa. I love black beans:love:
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Just toss it in a salad!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Black bean salsa is always good. Just mix the beans with canned corn, fresh tomatoes, cilantro & jalapenos (if you like spicy stuff) then squeeze some lime juice on top. Avocados are really good in this also. Also good if you can let it sit to marinate for a couple hours. Tasty on top of grilled chicken. And even better on tortilla chips!

Totally gonna make this with fresh sweet corn and habanero :smile:
    Sounds so so so good.
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Mix with shredded chicken, salsa, jalapenos and cheese...wrap it up in a tortilla...sprinkle cheddar over top and heat it up in the oven...low fat chicken and black bean burritos...you can freeze them for later if you don't want to heat/cook them up now. I always keep a little tray of them in my freezer...delicious. Eat them with light sour cream or yogurt
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Smash em up and add them to anything you're using ground beef, ground chicken or ground turkey in... it makes the meat stretch further.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Black beans, half an avocado, 1 orange, 1 grapefruit, the juice from one lemon, dash of salt and pepper. Sounds disgusting but it has become my favorite dish EVER! Soooo good! :love: :love: :drinker: