Short hair

Options
gnat45
gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
ladies, I'm thinking about cutting my hair short (oh, about chin length or a little shorter). Show me some cute styles.

Replies

• gnat45
    Options
    Bump
  • gnat45
    Options
    Anyone?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I've seen people do the short hair style where their hair is longer in the front, a little below your chin, and then it goes up at an angle to a little above your neck. It looks good!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this is one that I had for a while and love! I have had short hair styles for several years now (though growing it long now). I'm on my phone but can post a pic tomorrow when I get on a computer.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Try the Layered Bob. with the length just below the chin....its nicer when its layered.
    mine is that way. its shorter at the back than in the front. gives TONS of volume and is a breeze to do in the mornings.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    <--- My current hair.

Also, try google images. You'll get much faster results.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I went to Walmart and "browsed" through the hair magazines.. got lots of ideas.
  • shamdi
    shamdi Posts: 9
    Options
    My profile picture was taken right after I got my hair cut into a pixie (from having it waist length), and personally I haven't seen anyone who looks terrible with short hair yet. I think it's all about how you cut it according to your face shape.
  • gnat45
    Options
    I've seen people do the short hair style where their hair is longer in the front, a little below your chin, and then it goes up at an angle to a little above your neck. It looks good!

The reverse bob. I like the style, but never had it. How difficult is maintenance? Also, can you grow it out easily?
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i wear my hair SUPER short and I LOVE it. i have 2 little ones, work, school and trying to squeeze in workouts. i love that i can wash and wear. i should say that i have VERY thick (every stylist i've ever had has told me they have never seen hair so thick. i guess i'm lucky???) it is also VERY wavy and unruly, so when it's long, it takes a good hour to style daily. i don't have that kind of time. i go with a cropped pixie.

inverted bobs are my fave when my hair is long, tho'.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to get a pixie type cut but I'm too scared (pretty much always had long hair) and my husband wouldn't like it that short. I'm not sure it would even look good on me. I do need to get it cut, shoulder length though because it's wayyyy to long now.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Google image "angled bob" - had it for a year and loved it, and it grew out really well, too.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just got a short hair cut last month, I've had long hair for nearly 30 years! I was scared out of my mind but, even though I didn't get the cut I wanted I'm still quite happy about it and looking forward to getting what I wanted. (google images of ginnifer goodwin - super cute!!)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    what kind of hair do you have now?thick,curly.thin,straight.wavey,frizzy?!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Try and A-line stack, but maybe around lower ear length if your concerned about not liking it too short. I did that, decided I loved it, and then went shorter the next time. Anything short should be layered, stacked or razor cut though, as straight across can look blocky!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Black-Pixie-Haircuts-2012.jpg

lucie_doughty_hair_color.jpg

Rihanna_Short_Hair_-_Pixie_Cut.jpg

alinebob.jpg
  • gnat45
    Options
    Straight, maybe the slightest wave. Neither thin nor thick. Just passed shoukdere.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have a crap ton of saved on pinterest. I suggest looking on there, it is a good place to find some cute styles. I have been thinking about cutting my hair shorter too but don't want the angled bob just because everyone has it including my 6 ydd.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    bob.jpg

jennifer-aniston-haircut.jpg
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Google "bobs with stacked in the back.". Mine is just below my chin in the front and then angles up to a stack inthe back..love it!!!