Replies

• Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Bump!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

So you eat your steak and chicken and eggs raw? :huh: And you know what else denatures protein? Acid. Like, in your stomach. Guess we better start mainlining our whey shakes...

These look delicious.

I do? I've been a vegetarian my entire life so....no. I don't.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Um..... I think I love you...
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I have the (incredibly handy) good fortune of being great friends with a Food Scientist. Here is some info directly from her on baking with protein powder:

"Yes, heat denatures protein, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t nutritionally good for you. Denature just means unfolding. Heat unfolds the protein molecules. Denatured proteins is what makes an egg look cooked. Undenatured egg protein is clear and slimy. Denatured egg protein is opaque and yummy. Cook away with your protein powder."

Well I've asked countless nutritional experts as well as my metabolic geneticist (chief of genetics), and they all have told me the same thing...once you heat protein it loses its nutritional benefits.
    So you eat your steak and chicken and eggs raw? :huh: And you know what else denatures protein? Acid. Like, in your stomach. Guess we better start mainlining our whey shakes...

These look delicious.

Right. I've also listened to a nutritionist (inside a reputable hospital) tell my sister to feed her newborn chocolate syrup. I'm going with the personal friend who happens to have a Masters in Food Science.