Hitting a slow patch

Options
So I started MFP towards the middle of Feb and between that time and the beginning of March I lost a total of 8 lbs (about 4 lbs per week) and now for the last 2 weeks I feel like my weight is coming off at a very slow pace, I have lost about 1 lbs per week. I am eatting the same as I did when I first started, and even healthier then I was before, so I am not sure why the weight lose is so gradual now. I know that muscle weighs more then fat so I didn't know if it was because I am starting to gain muscle and so that is causing it. I started MFP only exercising 2x a week and now I exercise anywhere from 4x-5x a week.

I am just wondering if anybody else has noticed this in their weight loss journey and any tips or advise that you have. I just really dont want to hit a plautea and that is what I am afarid that is happening.

Let me know your thoughts! I need some positives because I am starting to feel frustrated when i see the small decrease in weight when I feel like it should be more with the way I am eating and exercising and yes I am eating most of my exercise calories back so I dont think I am putting my body is "starvation mode or anything".

Replies

• rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You need to let your body lose at its own rate. I lost at about 5 lbs a week for the first 4 weeks. Then I went to about 3-5 for another month. Now I am much slower. I lost 70 lbs in a year. I now lose weight at about 1-2 lbs a month. The body will regulate and you need to switch it up.

Try doing different exercises or add an extra cardio session. Good luck!
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    Actually, this is pretty common and is almost always attributed to water, especially as you upped your exercise . With less than 20 pounds to go, losing a pound a week is the smart, healthy way to go, so it sounds to me like you're right on track. No need to change unless you stall.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys I appericate it! I just needed to know if this is normal or not to slow down with that much of a difference so quickly. But I definitely want to lose the weight at a healthy rate so I know this is probably better on the body but I just felt like maybe I should be losing more since I was eating healthier then I was when I started and so forth.
  • mbkrol
    mbkrol Posts: 21
    Options
    It is really normal. You maybe losing inches, try measuring yourself...you may be surprised!