The NSV that made me beam all afternoon...

Options
So I was hanging out with two of my good guy friends at work, talking about fitness and that kind of stuff. After a while, they learned that I was nearing the 40 pounds weight loss, and asked me how much more I was planning to lose.

I told them ''Oh, I don't know, around 50-60 more pounds, I guess!''. One of them just stared at me incredulously before asking ''Aren't you going to be wayyy too skinny? What do you weight right now, like... 150 or so?''

I actually just reached 190lbs this week.

I was feeling all bloated and nasty from my period, but this just made me smile! After telling him my real weight, my other coworker said ''Oh wow, I would've guessed you were more around 170lbs or something!''

Feels good! :) This just gave me the extra kick in the butt I needed!

Replies

• sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • ashiyo
    ashiyo Posts: 23
    Options
    That's pretty awesome! I think NSVs almost give me more happiness than any of the numbers could. You just start to feel so much better about yourself when you realize how much you have done and how much you've changed!
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Vintage,

Please excuse my ignorance. What does 'NSV' mean?
  • GiGiLeitell
    Options
    Congratz on what you have lost, you deserved to smile all afternoon you had to have felt great :heart: :heart:
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Vintage,

Please excuse my ignorance. What does 'NSV' mean?

Non scale victory,

That is awesome, I would be smiling to. :D
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Seeing the scale move is great, but lots of times it means so much more and the joy lasts longer when it is something like this. Congrats!!
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That's awesome keep up the hard work!