I'm New Here!!!

Options
Hi everybody!
I am going through the motions of having gastric bypass surgery done. It hasn't been scheduled yet but will most likely happen some time this year. However, I want to try one last time before actually going through it to see if I can make a substantial impact on my own. This is the first time I am reaching out to a community of strangers who understands my struggle. Please feel free to add me. I want to be a source of motivation but also desperately need a support system.

Replies

• najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    hei! welcome to mfp!!:) I have seen a lot of people in here, includind one on my friends list who were on the brink of surgery, but then joned this site and lost tonnes of weight. I am sure you will be able to do it too, or atleast loose some on your own before the surgery. it is going to feel good:) feel free to add me for support
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think you can do it! Good luck!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Dr. has informed of surgical options because of multiple medical issues but that scares me to death. So i am gonna do this one day at a time
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    I really hope you stick with this. Many people here have lost close to 200 pounds.

Surgery is dangerous, and you will still need to learn how to eat afterwards. Confront your issues head-on now, and save your own life. Only you can do it long term.
  • Catvest
    Catvest Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all. I am new here too and my daughter in law got me signed up two days ago. Here goes nothing !!
    We will give it a go....
  • joanaHL
    joanaHL Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words!