new here

chopsticks
chopsticks Posts: 106 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone....a little about myself and why i'm here. I use to be really small,112 lbs small, then i had two kids and while i was pregnat i ate EVERYTHING i wanted to. I shamefully remember going through a large box of fudgescicles every week during that time. I don't get nearly enough excersize, mostly because i'm tired from taking care of two small children, but i'm done with excuses! I'm ready to make some changes.

Replies

• chopsticks
    Hi everyone....a little about myself and why i'm here. I use to be really small,112 lbs small, then i had two kids and while i was pregnat i ate EVERYTHING i wanted to. I shamefully remember going through a large box of fudgescicles every week during that time. I don't get nearly enough excersize, mostly because i'm tired from taking care of two small children, but i'm done with excuses! I'm ready to make some changes.
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Welcome!!! I'm here because I gained 60lbs with my pregnancy....I have a 9 mo old and I too ate everything under the sun while pregnant!!! I completely understand! This is a great site, and in the short amount of time I've been here, I've done well.... There's a lot of good advice on here and being able to track your food intake and Exercise is AWESOME! Really puts things into perspective!

Good Luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • chopsticks
    yeah i already see the counting calories will make a difference. i guess i didn't know how bad i was doing. i thought an enlish muffin and 3/4 cup cereal wasn't bad for breakfast, but once i added in the coffee with the creamer and sugar and the butter on my muffin and the whole milk it was like WOW 665 calories just on my breakfast. For the record i intend to have water and grapes for lunch otherwise i won't have enough calories left for dinner.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
    This site will REALLY open your eyes to how much crap is in the stuff you eat. I gained 80 pounds with each of my three pregnancies and my two youngest are only 11 months apart so I lost virtually NO weight in between them. If nothing else you should want to get healthy to be a good example to your children and to be around longer for them! You can do it...but remember the weight didn't come on over night so its def not gonna come off over night. We're here for ya if ya need us! :flowerforyou:
  • All you need to do is be conscience of your calories and there are healthy alternatives for your meals. For breakfast I have 1 pkg of instant oatmeal w/apples (130 cal) with 1 tbsp of milled flax seed (45 cal)(from the baking isle). This makes a half bowl of cereal. Hot tea (0 cal), Arnold's thin Sandwich Rounds (1 round is 2 slices =100 cal), and a Viactive (20 cal). I chose this combo as I need to get out of the house fast and I can heat water while making my lunch.

Lunch: Organic Grape Tomatoes - Organic Grape Tomatoes, 0.5 Cup 13 3 0 1
    Fresh Produce - Red Bell Pepper, 1 oz 7 2 0 0
    Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 0.1 medium 3 1 0 0
    Generic - Yellow Bell Pepper - Raw, 1 oz 4 7 0 1
    Squash - Summer, crookneck and straightneck, raw, 0.1 cup, sliced 2 1 0 0
    Campbells - Low Sodium V-Juice, 5.5 oz 34 7 0 1
    Carrots - Raw, 2 small (5-1/2" long) 41 10 0 1
    Hillshire Farm Deli Select - Ultra Thin Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, 2 oz 50 2 1 9
    Fresh Vegetables - Green Bell Pepper, 0.25 Large (164 g) 8 2 0 0
    Generic - Orange Bell Pepper, 0.25 large 13 3 0
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
This discussion has been closed.