Swimming/Running NSV!

Options
I've generally been slow. When I ran a mile first semester in Lifelong Wellness, it took me 15 minutes. Today I did 8 laps around the track in my gym (which is equal to 1 mile) my timer said 09:51!! Still pretty slow in my opinion, but that to me is a huge improvement since November!
Also I have gone from not being able to swim more than 25 yds without having to take a break, to being able to swim 50 yds freestyle in 1:05.

I just feel really happy about myself right now. Makes the Ironman Triathlon feel even more like something I could do!

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on the NSV!! that is great progress on your mile already!!! I too am working towards a faster pace, better endurance, and hopefully a mini tri in my future too!!

keep at it!
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    CONGRATS on the NSV!! that is great progress on your mile already!!! I too am working towards a faster pace, better endurance, and hopefully a mini tri in my future too!!

keep at it!
    thank you!
    I find cross-training helps both my swim and my mile time. Good luck to you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!