Your favorite book?

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
I just started reading The Hunger Games yesterday and I'm currently on page 170. This book is a great read! The movie comes out this week and I wanted to read the book before I see the movie.
Just wondering what your favorite book is? I like to have a list of books to read, so I was hoping you all could help me add to it!
Thanks!:heart:

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I don't have one, lol. I read 2-5 books a week...I do love the classics. Get on gooodreads.com and you can find tons of lists be genre and I promise you'll find a ton of new novels to read. As for Hunger Games...it's one series I have yet to read.

Edit-look me up on goodreads.... Themaidofastolat
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don't have one, lol. I read 2-5 books a week...I do love the classics. Get on gooodreads.com and you can find tons of lists be genre and I promise you'll find a ton of new novels to read. As for Hunger Games...it's one series I have yet to read.

Oh that's awesome! Thanks for posting that! :smile:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The Count of Monte Cristo.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't have just one.

I liked Push by Sapphire. I love all of Nicholas Sparks books. I liked the Twilight Series (yes, I am one of those). I also liked A Child Called It [the trilogy] and I LOVED Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    Just finished the Hunger Games Trilogy on Saturday. They were all amazing books! I also really enjoy the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child and Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options
    I can't read. Thanks for reminding me =(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So many.

Les Miserables is one of the best. I loved Harry Potter.

Look me up if you go on Goodreads (rml_16).
  • hollie150
    Options
    i loved the hunger games i couldnt put them down! seeing the movie for my birthday! cant wait

im not sure on my fave book i read alot but ive loved every karen rose book and harlan coben and ive just read a few of james patterson's book and really loved them. linwood barclay's books are great too

so hard to pick a fave.

if anyone uses goodreads.com add me hollie150
  • l_r_sweeney
    Options
    bump (hoping to find something new to read)
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Wheel of Time books and i really love them! Only on the 3rd one so far so still loads to go.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I found my new favorite book this morning that I read. My co-woker has a grandaughter and her aunt got her a book called go the F**K to Sleep. It is hilarious
    but other than that anything by Stephen King!!!
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't usually read fantasy, but I recommend the Game of Thrones books.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Pride and Prejudice. Also enjoyed the Help and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Have just finished reading the Steve Jobs autobiography, that was a really good read too.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Imajica, The Great and Secret Show and Weaveworld, all by Clive Barker. Talk about detailed, vivid imagination! I love these stories.
    I also loved the Gunslinger Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
    I loved Stiff and Bonk!, both by Mary Roach.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love the Janet Evanovich series with Stephanie Plum - One for the Money etc. - light mysteries and funny.
    I like Jennifer Weiner and Sophie Kinsella for light rom com.
    Michael Connelly, Harlan Coben, Jeffrey Deaver for mysteries.

I recently read Home Front by Kristin Hannah and cried my eyes out (and I'm not normally like that).
    I liked both Angels and Demons and the Davinci Code by Dan Brown.
    The Time Traveller's Wife was wonderful.

Sarah's Key was good but the subject matter is hard to read.

I read ALOT so if you say what your favourite genre is, I can probably recommend.

I'm just starting Mockingjay, which will finish the Hunger Game series, and I'm looking forward to the movie.
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Half asleep in frog pajamas, or Jitterbug Perfume, both by Tom Robbins. The most wonderful books I've ever read
  • Terk1968
    Terk1968 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Count of Monte Cristo.

Loved that book!
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jack London or Joseph Conrad is pretty much the best ever.

I've read White Fang cover to cover more times than I can count, and every time I find something new in it. =)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Flowers for Algernon

Of Mice and Men

Post Office

To Kill a Mockingbird.

:)