NSV - smaller clothes!

Options
I began my process of uncovering my better body at the end of November/beginning of December, and have been very happy with my progress. I began as a size 30/32, and I've lost several inches and nearly 35 lbs. All of my clothes were beginning to hang very noticeably (and somewhat dangerously... I kept tripping over my pants!). My bras and underwear were no longer fitting, and my shirts and sweaters kept falling off of my shoulders.

I had put off buying new clothes because, honestly, I was afraid of being disappointed in the size I would wind up buying.Afraid that, if I went in to try on clothes, and I was still the same size, that it would set me back, and I'd lose my motivation. The measuring tape doesn't lie about your progress, but once you've been a fat woman for so long, you get kind of used to being the fat woman. *shrug* At least I had grown accustomed to it.

So I gathered my courage and took my hubby with me to try on some things. I bought a dress that is a 22/24, and squeezed my butt into a size 26 jeans. It’s been YEARS since I’ve been able to wear anything under a 26/28, and I’d been a 30/32 for close to a year now. I had to hold myself back from buying a ton of clothes, because these aren't going to fit me for long. *laugh*

So, yay for walking away from a store and being happy for the first time in close to eight years!!

Replies

• knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Options
    awesome! That must feel so good!!! Keep it up!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I remember when I was 26-28 it took me a few months to shrink out of them..but hey they were a tight 28 lol.
    Once I got to 24 I dropped very quickly over 3 months so go to thrift shops and buy belts! lol they will help make your clothing last longer. When you have a long way to go you have alot of wardrobes to go through and that can be expensive so shop cheap its not like they need to last a season anyway lol.
    Keep going you are going fantastic.
  • jenny2steps
    jenny2steps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, congrats!
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks, guys!

Kerrymh, yeah, I'm definitely thinking about the pocketbook...lol! Luckily now that I'm losing weight, I'm going to be able to actually go to a thrift store and find my size. That feels SO wonderful. I'd gotten so used to just ordering from a catalog, and that sucks. *laugh*
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed hearing about your progress. It's inspiring! You are doing great!
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    Thank you, LCZ!
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thats great and well done girl.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! The best feeling in the world is clothes shopping for a smaller size!!! Now get all the ones that don't fit any longer because they are to big and donate them!!!! You will never need them again!!!!! we have a consignment shop in our area that I can take my clothes to and as I sell off the bigger sizes I can use the money credit I have at the store to buy new smaller sizes
    the owner of the store lost lots of weight years ago and that is how she got the idea to open her shop it works out perfect!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I know a lot of people obsess about the scale, but it really is a great feeling to slip into a smaller size, isn't it? Especially if it's smaller than expected. Good for you!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    that is so wonderful! congratulations! I've mostly been "shopping" in my own closet and storage room....I was a bit thinner than I am right now a few years ago, and kept the clothes! However, I am really looking forward to getting some new stylish things soon! I love having my old jeans fit well again, and then become too big, though.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    WOW that is such a great NSV! I am so proud of u!!! Well done! :) I love the excuse of Im shrinking I need new clothes now! where as I used to hate going clothes shopping :) xxx
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! The best feeling in the world is clothes shopping for a smaller size!!! Now get all the ones that don't fit any longer because they are to big and donate them!!!! You will never need them again!!!!! we have a consignment shop in our area that I can take my clothes to and as I sell off the bigger sizes I can use the money credit I have at the store to buy new smaller sizes
    the owner of the store lost lots of weight years ago and that is how she got the idea to open her shop it works out perfect!

Yep, that's the plan! I know that there's a definite shortage of clothing that larger women can wear, so I love the thought of being able to give back a few things for someone else to wear.
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    That's awesome!! I know a lot of people obsess about the scale, but it really is a great feeling to slip into a smaller size, isn't it? Especially if it's smaller than expected. Good for you!!

Yes! And I rarely weigh myself, maybe once every two or three weeks? I don't care what the scale says as long as I keep getting smaller. :D Thank you!
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    that is so wonderful! congratulations! I've mostly been "shopping" in my own closet and storage room....I was a bit thinner than I am right now a few years ago, and kept the clothes! However, I am really looking forward to getting some new stylish things soon! I love having my old jeans fit well again, and then become too big, though.

I sort of wish I had done that, but honestly, nothing that I wore ten years ago would be suitable to wear now. *laugh* I have a few classic and emotional pieces I've kept on to, and when I'm finally able to wear and then grow out of those, I think you all might hear me scream with glee. *laugh*
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    WOW that is such a great NSV! I am so proud of u!!! Well done! :) I love the excuse of Im shrinking I need new clothes now! where as I used to hate going clothes shopping :) xxx

As God as my witless, last night was the first time I've left the store feeling happy about my purchase in nearly ten years. I used to get sick to my stomach with anxiety at the thought of shopping, and eventually just stopped going and started ordering all of my stuff online. *shakes head. That's sad! I'm a photographer, and I LOVE clothing other people. I'm going to enjoy immensely the ability to clothe myself now.
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, you know what to do it's just a matter of keeping it up. With that said "KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK" :)
  • redwoodbsq1
    redwoodbsq1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Smaller clothes are SOOO awesome after you've gotten depressed a million times at the store! When I started fitting back into my jeans (that had gotten too small with the new desk job) I smiled for DAYS when they fit again!

Just an awesome feeling!! Way to go!! (and the best part, your not done yet!! It's going to keep happening!)
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    Smaller clothes are SOOO awesome after you've gotten depressed a million times at the store! When I started fitting back into my jeans (that had gotten too small with the new desk job) I smiled for DAYS when they fit again!

Just an awesome feeling!! Way to go!! (and the best part, your not done yet!! It's going to keep happening!)

Yeah, it's really nice. Got a few compliments already today on the new clothes, and I feel fantastic in them, so it's worth it. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!