Encouraging words you tell yourself to stop overeating

Options
I'm just wondering if anyone has some motivational words/short quotes that you repeat to yourself before eating a whole bag of chips just because you're depressed/anxious/angry?

Replies

• apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    "Swimsuit" that's about it. Oh & you will feel like crap if/when you eat the whole thing. Good luck.
    Andrea
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    For me, the best way to not eat processed foods are to not allow them in the house. If for some reason they are in the pantry and I have the urge to chow down, I think of all the hard work I've put in that day to stay on track. I also face the fact that whatever is in that bag will only make me feel guilty and depressed when I'm done eating them. Reach for an orange or a yogurt. Drink a bottle of water. Simply refuse the "demons in the bag". :)
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I can't say these specifically keep me from eating a whole bag of chips, but these 2 quotes generally keep my MIND in the game.

"Change the mind and the body will follow".

"You achieve what you believe".

I stopped eating entire bags of chips once I got sick of looking like crap. Everyone has a trigger point or breaking point and I think each person has to reach that before they can surrender.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    And, on a side note, I don't buy full size bags of chips anymore. I pay more to just get the 100-calorie snack sized bags. That way I can have a few to satisfy a craving without tempting myself with the whole bag.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hey, try the comfort eaters anon group on here :)
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    Being fit feels better than ANYTHING tastes
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    "What do I want more, the chips I want right now, or the body I have wanted for years?"
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    "Put it in your food diary first, and if you still want it, you can have it."

Practical. Effective. But not terribly Louise Hay.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    I am much too smart to let myself stand in the way of MY progress.
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just think about how defeated I'd feel if I gave in and ate horribly, mindlessly. If you have the calories and can't think of ANYTHING but chips, count out a serving and allow yourself that.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
  • Nikkislim32
    Nikkislim32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "What do I want more, the chips I want right now, or the body I have wanted for years?"

^^This!!
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    I know this wasn't my post, but thanks for the advice guys!:)
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "You're worth more than this" Or insert whatever thing I'm about to eat
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

I generally try not to be motivate by anorexia slogans.

And realistically, actually, i can think of lots of things that taste better than bony butts.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I simply do not have them in th house, I crave them like crazy but when the craving hits at 9 pm I don't want to drive, also I tell myself that the junk is not worth the risk it puts on your health!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    "it's not worth it."

I don't keep junk food in the house anymore. I don't like a lot of chips and the ones I like don't come in the small, better managed calorie intake bags. I do have cookies, but the calorie count on the amount I eat normally is not even 200 calories and they're not consumed every day. But sometimes I do want something really bad for me but really in the end it's not worth the aggravation or the self-loathing if/when I give in and the extra effort in working out just to get rid of it. It won't kill me to not have it.
  • ladyamandajane
    Options
    Personally I have a goal as getting married in September 2012 and i,m focused on looking lovely in my dress. But if I feel like having something naughty I will always check the calorie content out in MFP, this is sometimes enought to put me right off when you see its half your daily allowance.
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    How do you get to the comfort eaters anon on here? Sounds like it would be ood!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Have one day a week where you can eat whatever you want. Occational treats are not going to effect our weight loss infact it might even help boost it.... We shouldnt deprive ourself from things because for some people we eventually end up over eating again and thats a hard cycle to stop.

When we get used to smaller portions we dont tend to over eat. We get full off what our body gets used to ITS GREAT!

Good luck everyone