calories burned???

Options
So im a watiress at a semi to very busy resturant. So I am constantly running back and forth from the floor to the kitchen either with huge trays of food or whatever always something in my hands. (not literally but you get the point) Is there a way I could possibly determine how many calorie I am burning at work? I know its something I just dont know how many. Thanks ladies

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    So im a watiress at a semi to very busy resturant. So I am constantly running back and forth from the floor to the kitchen either with huge trays of food or whatever always something in my hands. (not literally but you get the point) Is there a way I could possibly determine how many calorie I am burning at work? I know its something I just dont know how many. Thanks ladies
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    When you set up your goals on this site it asks if your job is sedentary, lightly active, active or very active. I believe it will account for these calories being burned if you set it to very active.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    One way to find out how active you are is to wear a pedometer. I would change the settings like rockchic said, once you find out how many steps. Sedentary = 5000 or fewer, Lightly active 5-10,000, active 10-15000, very active over 15000 - imho.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Or use a heart rate monitor.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I would set your lifestyle as very active. It will count those in for you.

Remember because you do this every day, your body is used to it, so it's not going to burn calories the same as if you did this one day and it's more like exercise vs. a lifestyle.