omlettes??

Options
Im really craving a super good omlette does anyone have any low fat/calorie ideas??

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Im really craving a super good omlette does anyone have any low fat/calorie ideas??
  • carolstrange0
    carolstrange0 Posts: 134
    Options
    Well what I do is buy the egg beaters (whites only) add some shredder cheese and some spinach... i think it yummy!
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    ive never thought of spinich I LOVE it!! Egg beaters what a great idea.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sure - just go light on the cheese and add a bunch of veggies - spinach would be good like scmith said - also sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions, then if you want just a little bit of sausage or turkey sausage or bacon. Would be very filling, and shouldn't be too hard on your calorie allotment. 2 eggs instead of 3 would cut 60 - 80 if your using regular eggs. Have fun and enjoy your omlette!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you can make it really cheesy and creamy with a wedge or two of laughing cow. it doesn't melt exactly like regular cheese but it definitely gets softened and so creamy good. only 35 calories per wedge!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Well, not sure if this is new to you, but when I'm feelin a bit hungrier than usual (aka small dinner or had a few too many drinks the night before :tongue: ), I like a 1/2 cup egg beaters, spinach (bagged or canned works) amount 1/4 cup (I eyeball it though), three mushrooms sliced, some onion chopped, red pepper chopped all cooking along w/the beaters, flip, add a slice of cheese (either ff or 2%) or laughing cow spread out and flip over. This seems to make quite a big omlett due to all the vegetables............add a few slices of turkey bacon or low sodium regular bacon and it will hold you for quite some time or it does me!
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    WOW great ideas ladies thanks!! Im stoked to have one now LOL!!
  • porka29
    Options
    Sure - just go light on the cheese and add a bunch of veggies - spinach would be good like scmith said - also sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions, then if you want just a little bit of sausage or turkey sausage or bacon. Would be very filling, and shouldn't be too hard on your calorie allotment. 2 eggs instead of 3 would cut 60 - 80 if your using regular eggs. Have fun and enjoy your omlette!!

Looks like you beat me to it!!! Mine above almost mimicks yours to the max - lol:tongue:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Looks like you beat me to it!!! Mine above almost mimicks yours to the max - lol:tongue:

:drinker: Great minds think alike porka29!! :drinker:
  • porka29
    Options
    Me and the bf have been known to have breakfast for dinner many times!:wink:
  • porka29
    Options
    Me and the bf have been known to have breakfast for dinner many times!:wink:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes

sprinkle parmesian cheese in the beaten egg mixture instead of using cheese

YUM
  • harleygirl6363
    Options
    These all sounds delicious!! I cant wait to have one, tomorrow lol!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes too! I had one this morning, I use 4 egg whites, 1 slice of kraft fat free cheese and lots of onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. they are so yummy!!! i spray my pan with Pam and have with a slice of toast.
    :wink: