13»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Tebow as an Eagle?!?!?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFUQEpngd8KjNsTX0mDYKJ-tAX1aUgDvbrnFmo8BiOPNkHIw3h

You guys have Vick!!

Yes...but having decent players has never stopped Philly from making bonehead moves in the past...and people wonder why we can be so, shall we say, "surly"...

True.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for Tebow. The Broncos didn't really give him much of a chance to prove himself.

OK, so Tebow is a rookie QB right out of college and he helped lead his team to the second round of playoffs in his first season, yet they're replacing him? I would think that to be considered quite an accomplishment.

Technically that was his second season.

Either way ...

True what he and the team accomplished was huge....
    No matter who the current QB is you just don't pass up the chance to get Peyton Manning.

I just want to see a Manning/Manning Superbowl! It must happen before I die. Or one of them retires.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for Tebow. The Broncos didn't really give him much of a chance to prove himself.

OK, so Tebow is a rookie QB right out of college and he helped lead his team to the second round of playoffs in his first season, yet they're replacing him? I would think that to be considered quite an accomplishment.

Yeah, it was his 2nd year. He started 3 games his rookie year.

The Broncos overachieved on the strength of a defense that fell apart down the stretch and a weak schedule. They faced a Steelers team that was hobbled by injuries and then were embarrassed by a Patriots team that was then soundly thrashed by the "other" Manning, the clutch one.

Given the opportunity to have one of the greatest of all time, the Broncos would have been almost criminally negligent should they not have pursued the opportunity. Personally I think Peyton's a fool for not having gone to San Fran where they were a play away from the Super Bowl last year.

Elway has never been a fan of Tebow. He hasn't liked his under 50% completion rate. He doesn't like the fact that Tebow still doesn't know what "open" is in the NFL. He doesn't like the fact that he fumbles at least once a game. He doesn't like the throwing motion or the fullback mentality. Had he been in charge, he would never have drafted him.

Tebow will get traded because he can't run the same offense as Peyton will be running and they can't afford to have two offenseive systems simultaneously. They'll pick up a journeyman back-up for Peyton and hope that he doesn't get paralyzed in the pre-season.

My bet is that Tebow ends up down in Jacksonville.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Yeah, it was his 2nd year. He started 3 games his rookie year.

The Broncos overachieved on the strength of a defense that fell apart down the stretch and a weak schedule. They faced a Steelers team that was hobbled by injuries and then were embarrassed by a Patriots team that was then soundly thrashed by the "other" Manning, the clutch one.

Given the opportunity to have one of the greatest of all time, the Broncos would have been almost criminally negligent should they not have pursued the opportunity. Personally I think Peyton's a fool for not having gone to San Fran where they were a play away from the Super Bowl last year.

Elway has never been a fan of Tebow. He hasn't liked his under 50% completion rate. He doesn't like the fact that Tebow still doesn't know what "open" is in the NFL. He doesn't like the fact that he fumbles at least once a game. He doesn't like the throwing motion or the fullback mentality. Had he been in charge, he would never have drafted him.

Tebow will get traded because he can't run the same offense as Peyton will be running and they can't afford to have two offenseive systems simultaneously. They'll pick up a journeyman back-up for Peyton and hope that he doesn't get paralyzed in the pre-season.

My bet is that Tebow ends up down in Jacksonville.

I still feel bad for Tebow. This has to be a massive blow to his ego. But given that he is supposed to be the "humble" NFL quarterback, I'm sure he will recover quickly.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for Tebow. Elway obviously didn't have faith in him or his development. I can't blame him though for trying to win a SB and Peyton prob gives them the best chance even though I doubt he plays out his entire contract.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Technically that was his second season.

Either way ...

True what he and the team accomplished was huge....
    No matter who the current QB is you just don't pass up the chance to get Peyton Manning.

I just want to see a Manning/Manning Superbowl! It must happen before I die. Or one of them retires.

Or one of them injures himself beyond repair because he's stubborn...

Regardless, if I ever see this game, I hope Peyton schools the fook out of his little bro.
  • cmp04d
    cmp04d Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The Broncos may be the only team in NFL history to sacrifice a virgin to try to win a Super Bowl
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the " Tebow and the Jets Parody yet" of Elton Johns Benny and the Jets..

Its hillarious

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/532574-tebow-s-prayers-get-answered?error_user_id=19168232&error_username=briteyes1002&page=2