Eating while on vacation

Options
Next week my family and I will be traveling to Malaysia (I know it seems like a strange place for a vacation, but it's a beautiful, peaceful little country and we are adventurous). I am very worried about staying on my diet. Of course we will have to eat out for every meal, and with unfamiliar food I will have no idea how many calories I am consuming, or how it's prepared. I am determined not to get off track. Other than packing a suitcase of my own food, what do I do? Help please!

Replies

• neon8919
    neon8919 Posts: 46
    Options
    Eat slowly, and try not to over eat.

I can imagine it will be hard to count calories but as long as you don't eat too much you should be okay.
    Be sure to get some excercise in too.

Maybe you could write down the name of the meals, and a description and then try googling the calorie count.

Oh and be sure to have fun on vacation!!
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Malaysia, how wonderful! I have never been there but would like to go some day. I read that what they have there is a combination of chinese, indian and thai quisines. I would love to try some of those curries. They say that the local chinese borrowed the curries from the indians and they make it less spicy and maybe less calorific. But for low cal meals you can always have some shrimp and also some steamed fish. I would love to hear about your trip and especially the food. Please friend me!
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a Disney vacation and honestly, I had a ton of great food and did gain a little weight from being there. Do I regret it? Not at all. Life's too short and you owe it to yourself to enjoy things that you don't usually eat! I jumped right back on track today and I know that in about a week or so, I should be at the weight I was before I left. You just need to have fun once in awhile and enjoy. :)