what is everyone eating..

Options
EmilyAnn89
EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
for snacks? i do okay on meals and i know i can have carrot sticks, celery, etc. but is there anything else besides that?

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    for snacks? i do okay on meals and i know i can have carrot sticks, celery, etc. but is there anything else besides that?
  • jessicacheesebrough
    Options
    Special K 90 calorie bars in strawberry and blueberry. AMAZING!
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    pumpkin seeds (in shell makes you work for it, and takes longer to eat) - .25 cup = 96 cals
    whey protein (1 scoop) differs by maker - 1 scoop = 120 cals
    Fiber One bar - peanut & oats - 1 bar = 150
    Grapefruit (.5 fruit) = 50 cals
    Dry Roasted Edemame .25 cup = 130 cals

the last 3 have good fiber options. The first two have more protein
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Mini soy crisps:love: (like rice cakes, but better!)- 18 crisps for 110 calories
    *just a side note: i'm not a big soy person or a very adventurous eater, but i took a risk and tried these- they're AMAZING!!
    Cut up apple w/ ground cinnamon on top- 80 calories
    Jello sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding with raspberries in it- 80 calories for a quarter cup
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    From what I've learned, it's better not to eat carbs alone, but to combine them with a protein and a fat. Here are some of my snacks (sorry, I don't have the cal counts):

Hard-boiled egg
    Apple w/ natural peanut butter
    Almonds
    Greek yogurt mixed w/ sugar-free preserves and slivered almonds
    small low-carb tortilla and hummus
    Laughing cow cheese and pita chips (pita chips w/ hummus is good too)
    String cheese (low fat)
    Air-popped popcorn
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Hartleys low calorie jelly - all flavours are good - and less than 10 calories a pot. Yum!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    If I have enough calories, I love Luna bars. The caramel nut brownie is awesome
  • Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Options
    I like the Fiber One Bars. They are very filling and suprisingly tasty too.
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    i'm a guy, i realize, so some of this you may not like, but some of my snacks include:

apples/celery with peanut butter
    fat-free or low-fat cottage cheese
    nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews)
    lean beef jerky
    protein shakes

no matter what all my meals and snacks contain a good amount of protein; i'm never hungry and i'm never "stuffed" -- but the snacks in the right portion are absolutely vital to my nutritional success
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One Bars. They are very filling and suprisingly tasty too.

I LOVE THEM!! :love:

me:
    Fiber one bars
    Fruit (normally apples or pears)
    hard boiled eggs
    a lil bit of peanut butter
    special k protein water
  • nickelplatedangel
    Options
    I have been eating baked sweet potatoes for a snack when I need some warm comfort food or something sweet.

SO EASY. You can get a whole bag of small sweet potatoes at Trader Joes for like $3.00. Poke it with a fork once or twice, and then microwave it for like 4 minutes. Then peel it and eat it. It's only like 70 calories and it's WARM and cozy and wondfully full of goodness and vitamins.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have been eating baked sweet potatoes for a snack when I need some warm comfort food or something sweet.

SO EASY. You can get a whole bag of small sweet potatoes at Trader Joes for like $3.00. Poke it with a fork once or twice, and then microwave it for like 4 minutes. Then peel it and eat it. It's only like 70 calories and it's WARM and cozy and wondfully full of goodness and vitamins.

:love: we're making those for dinner tonight! :love:
  • dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    Options
    Almonds
    Fruit
    Pretzels
    Rice Cake w/Sugar free jelly
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I don't snack. I feel better with 3 square meals, but on an occasion I've had apples with peanut butter or apples dipped in yogurt and loved it.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    These are my all time fave desserts/snacks.

sugar free pudding (60 cals)
    turkey hill vanilla bean ice cream (70 cals for 1/2 cup)
    mini caramel rice cakes w/ a tbsp of Nutella (60 cals for 8 mini rice cakes + 95 cals for the Nutella= 155 cals)

88 calorie brownies- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9037-88-calorie-brownies?hl=88+calorie+brownie&page=1#posts-64770

Death by Chocolate Cupcakes- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12260-hg-s-death-by-chocolate-cupcakes?hl=mini+chocolate#posts-90215

Mini Microwave Triple Chocolate Cake- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48185-hg-mini-microwave-triple-chocolate-cake?hl=microwave+chocolate+cake#posts-515784

Strawberry Cheesecake Bites- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/39194-strawberry-cheesecake-bites

~Jo :flowerforyou:
  • ElliePeace
    ElliePeace Posts: 18
    Options
    I like snack-a-jack popcorn! 1 bag=29 calories! AMAZING! :happy: