have you tried it?
does it work?
is it worth it..!

lets talk about it

Replies

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    BUMP

I have no clue but am glad you posted this. I have a friend on FB who sells this and swear its the miracle weight loss cure (despite the fact she hasn't lost much since starting it).
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    I think it's rather gimicky. The sales people are fanatic about it, which kinda unnerves me. I really don't know much about it, because everyone who sells it gives you the sales pitch, and I never hear about what it actually is!
  • tripitena
    I think it's rather gimicky. The sales people are fanatic about it, which kinda unnerves me. I really don't know much about it, because everyone who sells it gives you the sales pitch, and I never hear about what it actually is!

Exactly! My friend is vague about ingredients and I haven't seen them online but honestly haven't researched. I've never had good experiences with diet shakes and haven't heard too many stories of others with long term success.

The sales thing seems a lot like a those things where sales of the actual product are'nt really what its about but rather recruiting other sales ppl (am*way, shak*lee etc.)
  • Ask your friend for a sample. The ingredients are on the back of the package.
  • Oh I also wanted to add that is a protein shake and they have a few other supplements and vitamins as well. I am not a distributor and I've only tried the sample product "shape" protein shake mix.

It works just like any other protein shake though. I hope this helps.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    My disclaimer "I am no way associated with Body by Vi." I can tell you I love the taste of the shakes and are quite filling. We only bought the shake powder. They might be kind of pricey but the shakes are probably the best tasting I have made. I just started using the product so I can't give you any long term results. I can tell you that the person we first met with has lost a lot of weight.
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    I've seen many people selling this and I know only one person using the products.

He's training for a big challenge in September. So far he has had some success (he started last month) but nothing significant.
    It's very expensive and he's not very impressed with some of the food (power bars I think) that you can order. Same with the shakes.
    So he's less than thrilled that he spent so much money.

I would have to say that it's probably like many other products/plans out there. It's great for some people, not for others.
  • meaganh13
    meaganh13 Posts: 55 Member
    My advice:
    1) Ask yourself if you're going to be having shakes in place of meals for the rest of your life? Is it sustainable and realistic?

2) I wouldn't, tried the 90-day challenge and gained 9lbs... not fun!

3) Be careful of signing up, the incentives for Distributors to get you on board is HUGE, and it's a HUGE pain to cancel your AutoShip and stop them from charging your cards (never happened to me, but happened to 3 of my friends).

4) Would this be a "kickstart" towards a lifestyle change or are you secretly looking for a "magic" be all end all solution to permanent weight loss and ultimate health? If your answer is the latter, please use MFP as your starting grounds to develop a healthier you MINUS supplements, meal replacement shakes and other "magic problems"

Good luck!
  • tripitena
    Ask your friend for a sample. The ingredients are on the back of the package.

She is a facebook friend living a distance away. I've directly asked for the ingredients but she is quite crafty at not disclosing them and I didn't really care to pursue . I just thought it odd she was'nt inclined to tell.

I'm not interested in diet shakes at all for myself. I was just curious because she is so gunge ho posting several ads a day.

@meganh13: Yes, I figured it was something one might get into and find themselves feeling hemmed in by expensive products they can't sell and they have to try to draft their friends and family into it.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    I use Body by Vi and love the taste and there are so many ways (i use unsweetened almond milk, raw spinach and fruits) to use the product. Also it is a lot less expensive than some of the others and tastes better than any other weight loss product I have tried.

Am I a distributor? No. I do share my results with family & friends in the hopes of bettering their health. If 3 of them sign up under me and I get mine free, I'd be stoked. But I am not going to be a distributor and try real hard to 'sell' the product. I think it speaks for itself.

Side Note: I get chronic migraines so I haven't been able to do 2 shakes a day. I do make them when I have the energy bc they make me feel great. No soy, lactose free, gluten free and more.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    I use it for breakfast sometimes, and my kids love it as well. It takes great with almond milk and fruit and we sometimes add avocado or spinach for added punch! I have a bag in front of me now, I could give you the ingredients if you wanted. The first 3 are Soy protein isolate, digestive resistant maltodextrin (from Fibersol), whey protein hydrolysate....