Anyone lose weight WITHOUT exercise?

Options
hi there.

was wondering . . . has anyone lost weight WITHOUT exercising or exercising not as much such as . . . idk, only 2 times a week? just wondering if it has worked for some people . . . was it slow weight loss even though you were at a calorie deficit??

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    you'll lose weight, but you can't guarantee it will be the right kind of weight loss. muscle atrophy is big with those that lose weight without exercise.

the benefits of exercise are enormous, aside from weight loss, it aids in heart health, battles numerous diseases and aids in longevity.
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is more or less what I’ve done. It hasn’t really been my plan to do it that way, but before I started losing weight I was already exercising about 2x/week.

I just can’t seem to increase it due to scheduling. I go to school full time and work full time. I occasionally get in 3 or 4x/week for exercise, other weeks it’s zero – but it still averages about 2x. I have just tried to eat healthier, watch my portions, count calories, and get in a little more exercise during the day by doing more walking. I put my activity level into MFP as “sedentary” since I have a desk job and spend the rest of my day sitting in class.

I don’t really think I’ve lost muscle. I have a naturally muscular build, and I look even more muscular now that I’ve lost weight because you can see the muscles better. :-) My weight loss has become harder recently because I’m very close to my goal. My schedule has also calmed down slightly and I’m once again trying to get my exercise up to 3-4x/wk on average.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    hi there.

was wondering . . . has anyone lost weight WITHOUT exercising or exercising not as much such as . . . idk, only 2 times a week? just wondering if it has worked for some people . . . was it slow weight loss even though you were at a calorie deficit??

guys can do it pretty easily.
    just lift really heavy, 3x a week.. compound lifts. blah-blah-blah....
    keep protein high. and calories at about a 2lb a wk deficit.. and you just keep going.

I can only assume it works the same for some women.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    yeah, I lost 30lbs in the past with no exercise. Just watched what I ate, calories, portion control, etc. Diet definitely matters more, exercise can help.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs in 5 months with no "real" exercise. I walked a lot every day. I had an active job. I really don't recommend it though, I'm flabby now and I could have been toning this whole time. Trust me when I say I HATE exercise. But it makes me feel great afterward. I only just started exercising regularly and I'm loving it!