Looking for Zumba Friends :)

Options
Hi,

I have been doing Zumba for about two months and have lost 13lbs. ( two pound before I joined MFP and 11 after I joined) I am doing Zumba Classes three times a week for my cardio workouts. I love getting together with other people and dancing while losing weight. LOVE IT!!! I attended a Zumbathon this weekend and it was fantastic. So if you are looking for some friends who love Zumba. Please add me.

Replies

• tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I can't do the classes but have thought about getting it for the Wii. I don't think I've ever heard BAD reviews about Zumba in general. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    zumba addict *raises hand*
  • adelyn1
    adelyn1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been ding Zumba for almost 3 years. It is an excellent workout and FUN!
  • stefizzle9109
    Options
    I just bought the Body Transformation Zumba package. 5 DVDS, im in love! With this program they have a 10 Day Shred where you can lose a dress size in the 10 days! You have to drink 100oz of water through out the day and they provide a meal plan to what to eat. Im on day 2! :) Doesnt even feel like your working out til after youre done and realize the sweat.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love the fact as well you put as much effort as you want in. a girl in my class doesn't really try then there's me sweating like a pig, jumping that bit higher every time next to her!
  • tanyajamie2
    tanyajamie2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for a few months now. I don't have time to go to a class but I have the DVD's and both Wii games and I love it!!!!
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    I HAVE THE 7 DVDS. I HAVE NOT GOT IT ALL DOWN YET. STILL LEARNING, BUT THE RIPPED IS MY FAV. BEEN DOING IT FOR A MONTH AND HAVE LOST 5 POUNDS. I LOVE IT. SOME OF THE MOVES TAKES ME A FEW TIMES TO GET IT BUT IT'S MUSIC I LIKE IT MAKES YOU JUST WANT TO MOVE.
  • kellabella83
    Options
    I am DEFENITLY a Zumba addict!!!! I tried it for the first time about 2 months ago and fell in love. Since then I have gotten all the DVD's, the total body transformation set and the Exhilarate set. I like them both. I love to dance and picked up on the moves pretty quickly. It's so much fun and now I know why they call it exercise in disguise.

What's a Zumbathon? It sounds great whatever it is lol. I haven't attended a class yet, I really want to though. I'm a little nervous to go by myself though. Anyone that would be able to go with me cant because of there schedules or whatever. Im sure im being silly and should just get the courage to go bc I know I would probably love it. Have you ever tried the DVD's?
  • zumbamommaof4
    zumbamommaof4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the fact as well you put as much effort as you want in. a girl in my class doesn't really try then there's me sweating like a pig, jumping that bit higher every time next to her!

I know what you're saying there is this woman in one of my that does the same thing. She barely moves. What gives??? If I pay money for a class, I'm going to get as much bang for the buck I can. Plus if you're not going to put forth the effort why even come??

I am like you, when class is over I am drenched!!! That just means we are Hot!!! LOL :)
  • zumbamommaof4
    zumbamommaof4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am DEFENITLY a Zumba addict!!!! I tried it for the first time about 2 months ago and fell in love. Since then I have gotten all the DVD's, the total body transformation set and the Exhilarate set. I like them both. I love to dance and picked up on the moves pretty quickly. It's so much fun and now I know why they call it exercise in disguise.

What's a Zumbathon? It sounds great whatever it is lol. I haven't attended a class yet, I really want to though. I'm a little nervous to go by myself though. Anyone that would be able to go with me cant because of there schedules or whatever. Im sure im being silly and should just get the courage to go bc I know I would probably love it. Have you ever tried the DVD's?

It is a 2 hour class. We had 1 and a half hours of Zumba and then 30 minutes of Boot Camp and Toning. I was so burnt last Sat. I could barely move. It was great though!!!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    <<< Zumba fan. I go 2x a week, with third cardio session being kickboxing. Love my zumba teacher...she makes the class SO much fun!! (little Ms Bouncy with tons of booty motion :smokin: ).
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for another 8 week session! I love the classes so much I don't feel like Im working out!
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I take zumba 6 days a week...I just can't get enough. Its amazing and I don't feel like its a drag to go and do it. Amazing feeling afterwards.
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Due to a bad knee I can't do all the moves the way the teacher does, but I've spoken to her after class about certain moves and she told me how to modify so I don't end up on the floor with a blown knee. But I love Zumba, I go to 2 classes a week for now, in a few weeks I'll be done with my Sat morning commitment and I'll be able to go to 3 classes a week.
  • healthymel7704
    Options
    I love it!! I just started it a few weeks ago and can't get enough. I'm still going to the gym to do the weights and mix up my cardio, but I am obsessed with Zumba. :)
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too. I quit going to the class in my gym because the room was so small and we would literally run into each other... some got smacked! But I bought the Wii game and love it! Even my kids love to play the Wii game.
  • daffy_girl
    Options
    I love Zumba! Its part of my routine everyday! With 4 kids, I try to get in at least 30 minutes every night. On a good day an hour.
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love it too!!! Let me know what kind of support you want/ need! We are all in this together!