New to this...need help

Options
So I'm a little confused on if I'm doing good or harm. My BMR is 1864 and my TDEE is 2949. I do curves 3x/wk, walk a total of 1-2mile every day, and only find myself eating 850-1100 calories per day. Since a week ago, I've lost almost 7lbs. I don't want to hurt myself and ruin my muscle. I drink about 10 glasses of water each day as well. I eat until I'm full, I snack when I need to, and I eat after my workout. I've been extremely conscientious of what I've been eating too. My calorie counter keeps telling me I'm too far under my daily allowance and that I could be putting my body into starvation mode...but I'm seriously not hungry. Should I be concerned? I should I be eating higher calorie foods? I've got about 100 lbs to lose so I know losing more than 2 lbs/wk is okay for me, for now. Help!!! Anyone??

Replies

• PeachKitty
    Options
    I get that for the calorie counter too, I tend to be a under by a couple of hundred every now and then. I go by the rule that if I'm not hungry, I'm not going to force myself to eat more just to meet the requirements. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, this is only a guideline after all, and while MFP might be awesome, it's not extremely accurate.

It's also not unusual to lose a lot in the first week, I lost four pounds myself.

If you are concerned, then it might be worth taking a look at your activity level. Hope this helps, if just a little.
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    the 1st week of dieting for many people is usually good my first week i lost 7lb too it then slowed right down prob averaging about 1lb a week loss some weeks are better than others.

a question for you though - how can you be full with so few calories i've got about 80lb + still to lose and i just would not be full on those calories, are you sure you are inputting them accurately?
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry than just fill your day with more high calorie healthy foods. Peanut butter, nut butter, nuts, avocado etc are all healthy foods that have a lot of calories for a small serving.
  • Jenrn08
    Jenrn08 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am almost 100% sure I'm putting them in right. The search engine here has a great variety and I find almost everything I eat in it. I make sure if I double the serving size, to autocorrect it and vs. versa. I think I may feel full because of how much and when I drink my water. I drink 1-2 glasses b/t every meal and snack and then 2 glasses after I do curves. Plus I'm chosing high fiber and high protein foods.