New and with questions

Options
A few days in. Ok I get the normal exercises. But what about household chores. I heard they count. So how do I count them if they are not listed. And I don't know how many calories they burn. I am hoping this is finally the program to help. I don't have a lot of support at home I know that doesn't help. I need to loose the weight. Wish me well.

Replies

• howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    House work is listed as Cleaning, I believe, and as either vigorous or light. No specific chores, exactly. You kind of have to judge that for yourself. If you need supportive friends, you can add me if you like.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

I don't count household chores or gardening as a workout, so I don't log it. It's really a personal choice, really. I look at it as I'm getting more healthy by increased activity, and I only log that which I intend as exercise as exercise.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your good wish's. I need the support. I need to loose the weight for health reasons. And want to set a good example for other family members.
  • Shasha40h
    Options
    Hi Sharon. I am trying but this is really hard. I know I need to excerise but run out of time and energy. HELP ..:ohwell:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    I'm not a pill person. But I asked my doctor if there was any vitamins I could take that helped with energy. You may want to ask yours. Also making sure you get the sleep need. And count the little things even if you cant log them put them in fitness notes until you can build up. I got a step pedometer and count my steps. Ive heard 10,000 a day to loose weight. I'm working up to that. I park farther out when at stores. Take steps instead of elevators, etc.... But I'm open to ideas also. I am just busy and don't have time to go to gym or such. Not that there is one even near me (with in 40 miles).
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    House work is listed as Cleaning, I believe, and as either vigorous or light. No specific chores, exactly. You kind of have to judge that for yourself. If you need supportive friends, you can add me if you like.

I do need support. But not sure how to do the friend thing or how that works.
  • kimoates
    kimoates Posts: 5
    Options
    I wish you Luck! It's hard to lose without support! I'm here for you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • kimoates
    kimoates Posts: 5
    Options
    Make sure you log in your food & exercise diary daily. This helps me see where im at throughout the day. It also makes me more accountable for what & when im eating. I now pack my breakfast & lunch for work every day. I log in at lunch time to see what my calories are left for me for supper & snack. It helps to pre- plan your meals for the day.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    I wish you Luck! It's hard to lose without support! I'm here for you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!

Thanks. I have been reading different boards looking for inspiration. I have tried sooooooooo many diets. Basicly if i heard of it Ive tried it. Now i just want to be healthy.

I will continue to look here often. thanks to all who leave a post.