Tracking runs...

Options
I use Nike plus gps but my sister wants to start tracking her runs. Does anyone know of a website that you can tracks runs or map your runs?

Replies

• IzzieLee
    IzzieLee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper.com is a great site to use. They also have a phone app to go with it.
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I used to use nike+ app on my iphone but since it won't run in the background it would drain my battery on long runs. I started using run keeper, but lately I just go without a logger. But I did really like what Nike+ had to offer.
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use Daily Mile (http://dailymile.com) for my run tracking. It provides a lot of room for detailed tracking. I then hop over to here and enter the generic exercise tracking information.
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun.com is excellent!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a tracking app on a phone, try mapmyrun.com or runkeeper.com. Once you sign up you can map out your route and get distance that way. I will often use that to plan out my runs ahead of time.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper or addidas micoach
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I used both MapMyRun.com on my iPhone and my Nike+ Sportwatch on yesterdays run. At the end, MapMyRun had me at 10 miles while my Nike+ Sportswatch logged it at 9 miles which is closer to the actual mileage.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alexaalbrecht
    alexaalbrecht Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have an iPhone (crackberry for work) so I use Map My Run on my PC and then keep the distance that way. It is also helpful to *kitten* hilliness ahead of time.
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    Runkeeper.com is a great site to use. They also have a phone app to go with it.

THIS! I love RunKeeper!!
  • DMRun
    DMRun Posts: 25
    Options
    I use the Nike+ system on my iPod - then I sync it to DailyMile. DailyMile has some really fun ways to track your runs (ie - it tells you how many donuts you've burned, or how much gas you've saved!) You can also manually enter your runs if you don't use a system like Nike+ or Garmin :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I use cardiotrainer on my phone, or if your sister doesn't have a smart phone she can plan her runs in advance using the MapMyRun website.
  • rwindover
    rwindover Posts: 20
    Options
    Map my run is a great one...I use it daily:)
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM RUNKEEPER.COM or on just about any phone market app store thing for free.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I use DailyMile and I use a Garmin GPS watch so I track my runs on the Garmin Connect site as well (connect.garmin.com). Also, sometimes use Endomondo app on my Android phone and track on their site.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun.com is excellent!

^^ Agreed! It's great!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I use walkjogrun.net :) works for me!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Map My Run
  • chub_b_gone
    chub_b_gone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mapmyfitness works and you can download your info from different apps if you use them or I just keep a run journal..you can buy them at the book store or online..I prefer to be able to hold it and go back and view notes from the days easily
  • lds72
    lds72 Posts: 12
    Options
    Before I got my iPhone I used Mapmyrun.com. Very easy to use and map out a route manually before or after. Now that I have an iPhone I use runkeeper.com but I found that you can also track your route manually on runkeeper.com as well. I also track my treadmill runs on there. It's great!!