How adamant are you about logging in everything?

Options
2»

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I log everything except salt and pepper usually, but I'm feeling low at the moment and can't face it. Stupid I know... X
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i log it all, even gum or cough medicine.

I am sure i forget some spices and such now and again, but i try to put it all in!

If i allow myself to not log certain things (condiments, gum, whatever) sure they aren't a ton of calories, but then its like saying its not important to log it all, and i could lead myself down the path of self destruction, not logging this or that, then next month not logging xyz, etc.

I annoy my husband :) He cooks a few times a week and i am always saying "WHICH Italian dressing did you use to marinate the chicken?" or "did you put butter on that already?" etc. he thinks its not a big deal and i don't need to know those things or log them, but they really can make a big difference for me! :)
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I started with the rule "if I bite it, I write it" and was losing great at first. Then I got lazy and would take 2-3 grapes and not log them, or snag a bite of my kids popcorn chicken without logging it. My weightloss has slowed. I don't usually eat back all my exercise calories (300-600) cals a day and I thought that would cover any "bites" of food, but the truth is I don't know. It's good to remember that some things like condements and spices (McCormiks blends especially) don't have many calories, but they are LOADED with sodium. ALL the women in my family have water retention issues, so sodium is definitely a factor that I should track.

Also, if I know I'm going to have to go through the painstaking process of figuring out how much a "bite" of something is, I usually decide it's not worth it and find something good I can enjoy a whole serving of to save myself the hassle. LOG EVERYTHING!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i have trouble logging my ketchup use. i really need to do it, but i feel like - hey, i don't use *that* much.. but really, i probably use enough to make a difference in my log. ahh
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Pretty good, I'd say about 95%. However I sometimes forget about spices or oils, some sugar free candies recently.

The other day I stuck my hand into a container of cashews at least 5 times. I didn't log it. Might as well have written loser at the bottom of that page. Ugh, first time in a long time I had one of those "can't stop eating these" moments. :cry:
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I log everything, good or bad, including the McAlister's Peanut Butter Cookie I had for lunch, except spices. i do try to add salt, though, which I do through the recipes I have entered.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I log everything too. I find it prevents me from grabbing a handful of whatever when I'm digging around the kitchen. If I'm too lazy to log it, I probably don't really need to eat it.
  • methodless
    Options
    I find I don't snack on the silly little things I would have before as I usually decide it's too much hassle to log it so I don't eat it!

Definitely applies to me as well :)

I will ease up on stuff that I know has no impact like black pepper, but even then, I log it
    Lemon Juice, Hot Sauce, etc
  • Slhuth
    Slhuth Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I log everything...it keeps me in check!!
  • rukobaby
    rukobaby Posts: 33
    Options
    i log 90% of my food before i eat it
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I log everything. For whatever reason I can't explain, it helps me to not eat crappy food. It especially helps me to avoid the impulse eating.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I don't log salt, pepper, vinegar sometimes, lemon juice when its a dribble on salad, herbs, spices, mustard. I generally log everything else but I sometimes eat 2 jelly beans and don't log them.

I guess I'm keeping it in an ok zone though since I lose about a lb a week and my goal was .5 lb.