Well Over Halfway There and Happy as can be

At my heaviest I weighed 325(Jan 2009). I became reclusive, lonely, and depressed; I felt like I had no control of my life.

JonsHeaviest.jpg

I started eating much healthier; learned about and employed a healthy rounded vegetarian diet; began hiking, biking, and once I had saved enough money, kayaking. After a year of hard work the weight was coming off (a lot of it) and my depression and negative disposition started to change, I gained my confidence back, and was feeling more comfortable with who I was. Then something miraculous happened. I met the love of my life, my other half. I started getting her into healthier habits, and we kept working together.

Here we are at a festival July 2011 a little more than a month before I proposed:
(I was around 240lbs)

Eforest.jpg
P7020294.jpg
P7030301.jpg

Over the winter we both put on ~10 lbs, but we're back at it again, keeping each other motivated, with just about a year to hit our goal weight in time for the wedding.

There is a reason to do this, you can regain control of your life, and you can be happy. Before this life transformation I didn't know this level of happiness existed.

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    awsome
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    At my heaviest I weighed 325(Jan 2009). I became reclusive, lonely, and depressed; I felt like I had no control of my life.

JonsHeaviest.jpg

I started eating much healthier; learned about and employed a healthy rounded vegetarian diet; began hiking, biking, and once I had saved enough money, kayaking. After a year of hard work the weight was coming off (a lot of it) and my depression and negative disposition started to change, I gained my confidence back, and was feeling more comfortable with who I was. Then something miraculous happened. I met the love of my life, my other half. I started getting her into healthier habits, and we kept working together.

Here we are at a festival July 2011 a little more than a month before I proposed:
    (I was around 240lbs)

Eforest.jpg
    P7020294.jpg
    P7030301.jpg

Over the winter we both put on ~10 lbs, but we're back at it again, keeping each other motivated, with just about a year to hit our goal weight in time for the wedding.

There is a reason to do this, you can regain control of your life, and you can be happy. Before this life transformation I didn't know this level of happiness existed.
  • harleyj
    harleyj Posts: 28 Member
    Way to go! Happy, healthy and full of life. Congrats!
  • wilpwin
    wilpwin Posts: 1
    Sounds like an awesom story. Glad to here you are back on track now that the warmer weather is near. I am exciting to get outside as well and enjoy the great outdoors. Good luck and keep it up!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    You look amazing!! Congratulations on your success.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    You look awesome and you both look so happy!!
  • jpsheff
    jpsheff Posts: 2
    Thanks Everybody!
    Sounds like an awesom story. Glad to here you are back on track now that the warmer weather is near. I am exciting to get outside as well and enjoy the great outdoors. Good luck and keep it up!

^That's pretty much it right there. I hate the gym (although I am starting and strength training routine), and the weather is finally nice in my area, we've been out there enjoying nature and getting ourselves back in shape the past two weeks, and the weather is only going to get nicer!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    This is the sweetest. Congratulations on your losses as well as your gains!!! (she's beautiful!!)
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    You are both so adorable and your loss is amazing! You look like a different person!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Fabulous--you rock sir!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!