Registered for my first 5K

Hi All,

I just registered for my first 5K and wanted to know if there are any preparation tips I should know?

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Train
    Train
    Train

and don't go out too fast (which you will, we all do)

Not knowing where you are in your running ability, I have no other comments.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I am registered for my first one in June. My daughter wanted me to run with her so I said I would. I'm doing the c25k to get up to speed because though I've been exercising regularly I haven't run in close to 20 years.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Congrats!

I'm registered for my first one in May. I'm terrified!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm signed up for my first one in May. I'm excited.
  • I was the type of person who hated running. My doctor a year ago told me I needed to exercise daily rigorously for 30 minutes or I would run the risk of osteoporosis on top of our family history of diabetes. I joined a gym, started to run regularly for 30 minutes, as well as jumped on my elliptical for another 15 minutes. I started taking zumba, yoga, and other cardio classes. I have lost a total of 54 pounds. I increased my running to 3 miles a day and can complete that on my treadmill within 32:45 to 32:51 minutes. When I run outdoors along a path I mapped out, I can complete is within 32 minutes.