Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Options
I was on pinterest the other day and saw a pic with "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" imposed on top of it. I went hmmm and kept scrolling but found myself thinking about it later. I have never before focused on the goal in such a specific way. I don't want to be skinny (I think that would be unrealistic anyways) but I would love to be healthy, fit, and sexy. Since reading that (about 2 weeks ago) I have really turned my eating around. I do not deny myself everything as that is a recipe for disaster but I don't want a lot of things now, picturing the feeling is more pleasurable than fantasizing about the taste of something.
I recommitted to MyFitnessPal and have been doing great, I am actually looking forward to weighing myself next Wednesday.

I am just wondering if there are any of you out there who would like to share any sayings or gimics that helped get your head in the game. I am sure we could all use more tools in our arsenal.

Cheers,
Drea:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tkdbutterfly
    Options
    That particular quote I believe can be attributed to Kate Moss (I may be wrong, but I sorta remember reading that somewhere) and has been adopted by a lot of pro-anorexia websites and persons. I think the newest version which is far better is "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!"
  • Heidbummer
    Heidbummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually find the motivation/inspiration stuff posted on pinterest to be pretty demoralising. It seems designed to promote self loathing. It usually features heavily photoshopped models and if you don't work out for hours every week, weren't born with a genetic pre disposition to look like that and have had the lack of judgement to be over 30 there is no way on God's green earth, you will ever look like that.

On the other, hand focussing on the longer term goal, rather than the shorter term temptation is a good thing.

And did like the pinterest pin "Mommy" she asked, "What's an oppressive beauty standard?":laugh:
  • menutrit
    menutrit Posts: 19
    Options
    That particular quote I believe can be attributed to Kate Moss (I may be wrong, but I sorta remember reading that somewhere) and has been adopted by a lot of pro-anorexia websites and persons. I think the newest version which is far better is "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!"

^^^THIS! YES!