NSV- Took the stairs without a second thought!

I am a student and most of my classes this term are on the 4th or 5th floor. At the beginning of the term I would always head to the overcrowded, painfully slow elevator. Since I started MFP about 3 weeks ago, I have been making myself take the stairs, even though I never really wanted to. I always felt winded by the time I got to class. Today, I got to the top step and realize I A) got there without glancing longingly at the elevator on my way and B) wasn't winded at all! Hurray for new habits! And as an added bonus, I'm an older student (30) and passed a couple of young, skinny kids on the way up :)

By the way, thanks to everyone who posts here. I rarely post, but I'm constantly inspired by those who share their stories and pics.

Replies

• bogoli
    bogoli Posts: 15
    That's awesome! I'm a student too, and most of my classes are on the 4th floor. I'm really trying to take the stairs more, and on good days, I usually do!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    That is an inspiring story! You keep up that great work that you're doing! You're on to a new and healthier you and I love that! :)
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    These are the kinds of things that change our life more than the weight loss. This is a change in the kind of life we live and it's so much BETTER.

I am so happy for you and wish you all the best on your journey!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Fantastic for you! I try to take the stairs as much as possible at work and sometimes get some coworkers to come along too. Keep up the good work.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 884 Member
    Great job! I still haven't had the courage to do more than 3 flights of stairs yet. I do 2 flights often, but not more.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Good for you! Baby Steps!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!