Pressed for Time? Try Farmers Walks!

Options
No time to work out? Looking for something different to add to your workout routine? I recently discovered this workout and I love it! They’re called Farmers Walks. You use one or two dumbbells or kettlebells and walk back and forth carrying the weights. At the end of each walk, you do a different exercise, such as overhead presses, hang cleans, single leg Romanian deadlifts, etc. Each routine consists of 4 walks, done back-to-back, then a 1-2 minute rest. Repeat 4 times and done! It took me about 20 minutes to complete the 4 sets, and I burned over 100 calories (per my HRM). This is a demanding workout! Last week, I combined two of these, one with two dumbbells, followed by a set with one dumbbell, and I was pretty wiped out.

The link below to Nick’s article includes quick videos demonstrating the workouts. Also check out his web site for other great exercises you can try. And definitely check out Steve’s web site for great articles.

Here’s a shout-out to our own stroutman81 (Steve Troutman – www.body-improvements.com) for the link to Nick Tumminello’s excellent site where I found this (http://www.t-nation.com/testosterone-magazine-630). Nick’s web site is www.nicktumminello.com. Click on the “Articles” link for other great workouts.

I love this workout for those days when I’m pressed for time and just want to hit the major muscle groups and get my heart pumping. Try Farmers Walks and enjoy!

Replies