3 month Progress w/ pics

Options
I've been bummed out lately b/c I've been retaining water. I will go from 232 to 240 within a few days. The doctor saw the swelling and prescribed lasix to help with the water retention. (still unsure why I'm retaining water) Anyways, I've been trying to document my progress with pictures - having a photography background - it makes it easier for me to see then just numbers on a page. I just updated a pic 2 weeks ago but with the fluctuating scale I decided pictures are better than numbers. What do you all think? I know my thighs and butt have gone down a lot b/c of all the c25k training, zumba and kickboxing. Just looking for some encouragement today :)

Always looking for supportive friends - add me if you'd like!

PROGRESS-1.jpg

Replies

• JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You Look awesome! You can see the change in your face! Keep working at it! As for the water retention - I just drink more water
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    LOOKING GOOD!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a big difference in your torso. I'm surprised that the pounds lost aren't higher!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can definetly see your progress. Congratulations!!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job!!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Big diference. your face looks so much thinner. good work.
  • Freya7777
    Freya7777 Posts: 49
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep up the good work honey
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Great progress!! Looking absolutely fabulous! Keep it up!!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference! The water retention's got to be really frustrating, but your hard work is showing anyway. Keep it up!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Continue this way!
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You can so see the changes. Good Job!!! Keep up the good work... As one of my MFP friends says - 'We so got this". Keep doing what you are doing...
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference everywhere.....well done!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I see a difference everywhere. You're doing great. Keep it up!

As for the water retention, are you tracking your sodium intake? Too much salt will make you retain water.
    Also, if you're not drinking enough water your body will hold onto what it has.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! That's a big difference. I can really see it in your torso, but also in your face. It looks like you've lost more weight than that. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow... I thought for sure after seeing your pics you had lost more. Well done! Keep it up! You can really see the progress.
  • Milletp
    Milletp Posts: 81
    Options
    Stay focused. You are doing great!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Increase your intake of water maybe? I have been consuming about a gallon a day for the past 3 weeks and have noticed a substantial reduction in water retention.
  • Long2bslim
    Long2bslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done
  • niennawolf
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!! keep it up!!! it will get better your body just doesn't realize that you are making it healthier!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    you look brilliant well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!