everyones success on 1200 calories

Options
Hey I was just wondering if everyone on a 1200 cals a day could post their successes and tips/advice and also wether they eat exercise calories back I definitly feel people get a lot of critics about 1200 cals but I have been doing very well and I am full of engergy so how about everyone else how is 1200 cals working out for you??

Replies

• umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I started this journey eating about 1600, and slowly worked my way down to 1200. I eat back my exercise calories if I am hungry (I don't like the whole starving thing). I am planning on increasing my calories for the last 10 lbs, though. Just make sure you are getting necessary nutrition and eating enough when you are working out. You don't want to burn out.

Here is my success:

Then
    IMAG1249.jpg

Now
    download2-1.jpg
  • srrivera24
    Options
    Hey.... I am on a 1200 calorie intake and so far so good.... I started last week and already lost 5 pounds! I also have so much more energy, I work out x5 a week and I only eat back my excersise point if I am hungy, most the time I will have anywhere of 200-300 left, I try to fill up on water and fruit through out the day.....But I am doing good so far
  • kpxfiles
    kpxfiles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My my fitness pal is at 1,200. Most days I eat at 1,200 , but sometimes I go over. I have lost 40lbs so far this way with just moderate exercise. I walk everywhere. I do zumba and yoga once a week.

If you can avoid anything processed, you are going to get the most out of a 1,200 day. When I decide to eat something, I think about whether that food is going to fill me up. I also think about the quality of the food. Fresh foods are the lowest calories.
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    bump
  • za02
    za02 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I started the 1200 cal program 2 weeks back and have lost only 1.5 lbs. I brisk walk 3-4 times a week for 30-45 min and try not to eat fried and processed food and have been consistent with 1100-1150 cal every day. How can I accelerate my weight loss?
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    I am doing 1200 calories and since the beginning of the year I have averaged a 1lb a week which is recommended. Sometimes I eat back my calories but most of the time I don't. I lost about 4lbs my first week and that is normal for most since it's loss of water and a shock to the system. I work out about 3 - 4 x a week and include Zumba as often as I can squeeze it in.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight back in November 2011, and, at the time I was only eating around 1000 calories a day. I've been sitting at just about 1200 calories since Jan. 1st and have lost a total of 66 pounds since November of last year.
    I work out every day and don't eat back any of those calories burned.

I eat a lot of protein- having chicken for both lunch and dinner, and I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.
    I don't usually get too hungry and I have chocolate or some other 'treat' once or twice a week.
    I drink a lot of water, at least 8 glasses a day.

I have a long way to go- I need to lose another 110 pounds...eventually, I will probably up my calories a little bit, but for now I am happy with staying at 1200 a day :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 since the beginning of January. I have lost at a steady pace and feel great!!!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I started this journey eating about 1600, and slowly worked my way down to 1200. I eat back my exercise calories if I am hungry (I don't like the whole starving thing). I am planning on increasing my calories for the last 10 lbs, though. Just make sure you are getting necessary nutrition and eating enough when you are working out. You don't want to burn out.

Here is my success:

Then
    IMAG1249.jpg

You look amazing!!

Now
    download2-1.jpg
  • ACB42
    ACB42 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    MFP also recommends 1200 for me, and I was *just* about to post a similar thread! I am only 5'1" and have 23 (out of 30) pounds left to go, so I think they are probably right about that amount unless I add in a lot of exercise. I am interested in seeing how others use their daily calories when working with a relatively tight calorie "budget". I feel like slipping up and eating a cookie can throw the whole thing because I don't have much wiggle room within that calorie limit for nutritious foods *and* the occasional treat. My weight loss is also very slow, which can be discouraging.

Send me a friend request if you want to share food diaries! I just returned from vacation, but try to log every day other than that.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ive stayed on 1200 calorie diet since Sept 2011 and ive lost 37lbs so far.. Im 5 ft 6 in. My goal weight is 125lb.. Feel free to add me if want to check out my diary or just MFP friends : )
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories a day and I feel great. The first week was a bit rough, but once you get on track it becomes habit to eat healthy. And if you are eating the right stuff, you don't feel hungry and have lots of energy. I'm at a steady loss of 2lbs per week, which is perfect for me.
  • azjss
    azjss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How long has it taken you to lose the 40 pounds?
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i eat 1200-1300 cals per day, with 1 day every 15th day that i have whatever i want, in any amount, guilt free. started in september at 246, weighed in this morning at 190. im 32, 5 foot 10, mother of 5, full time student, at the gym 3-5 times a week... and my calorie intake does not affect me in negative ways. there are plenty of ways to get in alot of food and nutrients, if your making good choices!
    197-b_zps5365dca8.jpg
    Collage113_zps35257a72.jpg
    newerfattypics.jpg
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    i just want to add, that alot of people complain of starving when eating at 1200 calories, but there are so many ways to have an abundance of food within that range, and not feel hungry. simple steps, like milk, skim fat free milk is about 70 cals, but i replaced with almond milk for 30 cals. ranch dressing, the gross fat free stuff is usuallly around 80 cals, but i use ranch made with yogart, and its 45 cals for 2 tablespoons... i have a protien shake daily, for only 140 cals, using the pre mixed light for only 100 cals for 11 oz, mixed with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries for 40 cals... it makes a huge smoothie!!! seriously, once you play around with the numbers, and learn different ways to cook, find foods that are yummy but low in calories... its actually really easy. i have a polish sausage dog with sourkrout and all the fixings, with a bun, for a total of 345 cals... thats a meal for me, its huge, filling, and taste so freaking good!!! i also eat an entire half of a large digiorno flat bread tuscan chicking pizza for 435 cals... i add on heaps of jalepeno and sliced fresh tomatoe... all you have to do is put in sme time and expiriment with different foods, and believe me, many people can function fine on 1200 cals a day.

and ps, im a chocoholic, so, EVERY SINGLE DAY, i have room for a 90 cal fiber one chocolate peanut butter brownie... sometimes i have 2!
  • thatdude3
    Options
    I tend to go up and down between 900 and 1300 calories a day and have lost about 165lbs or so in about 17 months, it is totally possible to eat less than 1200 and not go into starvation mode. Perhaps eating less that 1200 a day for long stretches will do it though.
  • fitthatweddingdress
    Options
    In at 1200 calories and stay pretty close to that! I only eat back my exercise cal if I'm really really hungry. I try not to eat past eight and I always eat HUGE meals that are just packed with lots of veggies. I love steamed brocoli and it fills me up! Sooo good
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It didn't work for me. Over 5 weeks on 1200, I lost and re-gained the same 2-3 pounds. Today I reset my goals and discovered that I've lost lean body mass since I last calculated it military style at fat2fitradio/tools in September. Sigh ............... I can't say I wasn't warned.
  • iselita1
    Options
    i eat 1200-1300 cals per day, with 1 day every 15th day that i have whatever i want, in any amount, guilt free. started in september at 246, weighed in this morning at 190. im 32, 5 foot 10, mother of 5, full time student, at the gym 3-5 times a week... and my calorie intake does not affect me in negative ways. there are plenty of ways to get in alot of food and nutrients, if your making good choices!
    197-b_zps5365dca8.jpg
    Collage113_zps35257a72.jpg
    newerfattypics.jpg

You look fantastic!!! Awesome Job! Wow you are an inspiration!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    It didn't work for me. Over 5 weeks on 1200, I lost and re-gained the same 2-3 pounds. Today I reset my goals and discovered that I've lost lean body mass since I last calculated it military style at fat2fitradio/tools in September. Sigh ............... I can't say I wasn't warned.

well good thing you found early on what doesnt work for you! im sure youll find the perfect plan for yourself and get the results you want! maybe you were eating too little protien? maybe you dont have that much fat to lose to begin with? i have no idea, but, either way, glad you are finding what works for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!