One Year Runniversary!

Options
ninamm3
ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
One year ago, I laced up my first pair of running shoes. I attempted my first "runs" which were more like crawls. Just 30 seconds of sprints at a time took my breath away. I was overweight, out of shape, and powerless to change any of that by my own strength. I remember sobbing out of complete frustration and then slowly, by God's grace, small victories. I struggled through physical pain, emotions, and life -just like everyone else. I was determined and God taught me an endurance which seeped into every aspect of my being. I ran my first Half Marathon last October and I'm returning to that same race (Lord willing) this year to run the Full 26.2 miles along with my husband. I do not *love* to run but the physical training and the race is a reflection of my spiritual calling because I know that: Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever...So I, press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Life is a race - I just wanted to give Him a testimony of PRAISE on my One Year "Runniversary"...for all the changes in my life that you can and especially the ones you can't see, it's only by His grace.

THEN:

2iw7fpl.jpg

NOW:

2urwhft.jpg

For more of my ongoing quest to a healthy life and marathon training, feel free to visit: www.runningsforthebirds.com

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING! it's crazy what running can do for you, RIGHT?!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing. You def motivated me to keep trying to run.
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wow. Such an inspiration. I just gave up. I guess I will try again today just doing it on my tredmill for now and see where that takes me.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome! And congrats on Runniversary :-) Keep it up!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Happy One Year Runniversary! What an accomplishment. And you are looking GREAT btw! Running has done amazing things for you!!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Congrats on your runniversary and hearing Gods call (also choosing to listen to the call).
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look great! Amazing job.
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow. Such an inspiration. I just gave up. I guess I will try again today just doing it on my tredmill for now and see where that takes me.

Don't give up! I have had to do a LOT of running on a treadmill. I don't love to do it, but I must keep going. Every day is fresh...trade motivation for determination and you will succeed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!