Eating Disorder Support

Options
2»

Replies

• echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was anorexic for years (about 6-7 years and really underweight), turned bulimic (about 3-4 years of purging and laxative abuse with a rather normal weight), then mostly binge eating alone for the last 5 years (leading to a 200 lb weight gain!!). I have normalized my eating in recent months...ummmm, finally (with a few lapses here and there) and have been able to take almost 80 of it off so far by simply being 'healthy'. Still another 120-125 to go. I fight with this awful disorder constantly so I have a lot of anxiety and often feel depressed. I have done both inpatient and outpatient treatment as well.

Any of you in recovery, who want to add me, go ahead...BUTTTTTT...if you are not truly working at recovery, TRULY, then do not add me because I remove people who are not there yet. I recognize that we are all at different stages of recovery but I NEED to surround myself with healthy individuals :flowerforyou:

best of luck to you all - it is a really difficult journey but I believe it is possible to get to a better place with it. Especially if you are just in the beginning stages of the disorder...don't let it become chronic like mine!
  • need2bethinner1
    Options
    I've cut down on laxatives lately and even that is causing panic with the rest of my eating. Every single thing seems to be connected somehow. I cut down on laxatives which causes anxiety, which leads to another binge, which then makes me up my dosage again to compensate.

Exactly. I have recently swapped full on strong laxatives for gentle herbal colon cleanse tablets as I can't 'go' without laxatives anymore but feel like its a step forward. They help me 'go' but not very often so I get anxious and binge too... It's wield now as I tend to try to binge on high fibre food (which isnt exactly low cals) to help the tablets along. Last week I took twice the herbal dosage but immediately felt guilty and thought its the wrong track to go down (again). I'll just keep at these herbal ones and give my body a chance to heal and start functioning again properly on its own...... X
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I had a severe set back this weekend....had a horrible binge, and it was all i could do NOT to purge. My son was home with me after the binge, and he is the only thing that kept me from throwing it all up. And now today, I am struggling to eat anything at all because my head keeps screaming YOU CANT EAT TODAY!! YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR THE BINGE!!
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie, I don't have an eating disorder but am a gr8 friend n listener, feel free 2 add me :p