Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet)

Options
Bellla86
Bellla86 Posts: 14 Member
Hi all,

Has anyone tried the lemonade diet before? Thinking of giving it a try for a week or so.

Replies

• realtreegirl
    Options
    Hi there, I was thinking of giving it a try also!! I have heard good things about it and it really helps to cleanse your system and give you a jump start on your weight loss. Curious if anyone else has tried it though!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've never understood these. What exactly are they cleansing?
  • lis7777
    lis7777 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have tried this diet it is pretty good lemons are natural food. I have been sticking to eating nothing but all natural foods and notice the weight coming off really quickly. I think it is most healthy for the body. I have been getting my natural weight loss tips and diet reviews at weightnatural.com
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Wallets.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I couldn't complete the week, the taste was horrible to me. My friend was able to complete it though and got great results.
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    Yuck don't do it, I lasted two days I was so ill, all I could manage to do was go to work and come home and sleep, then do the same the next day! It won't achieve sustainable weight loss. Clean eating and exercise is the only thing that will do this.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've done it twice, mostly in my younger days when I felt like I needed a "reboot". Lasted 10 days and 17 days. There is weight loss, but it comes back quickly once you resume eating. If weight loss/fat reduction is your goal, the best thing you can do is figure out your TDEE and eat under that by 200-500 calories and add some weight lifting to increase your lean body mass.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    2 weeks of nothing but maple syrup, lemon juice and cayenne pepper - nutritional insanity, no health benefit whatsoever.

Banish the words cleanse and detox from your vocabularies, they are meaningless. Your body does a terrific job of cleansing and detoxing all by itself (unless you have very specific medical conditions which won't be cured with lemon juice)
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did it, fainted twice after two days, put all the weight I lost back on. Know there are success stories, but there can be a downside so do be careful :)
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Wallets.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Wallets.

:laugh: :laugh:

Unfortunately, they didn't come with a toilet cleaning kit for the inevitable "side effects" of the liquid cleanse diet.
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I tried it about 5 years ago. I lost 20 pounds in the ten days but I gained them back right after and another 35. I would never do it again.
  • anushrisanikop
    Options
    Please don't try this.. You end up getting 0 nutrients, Skin tends to look dead..
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    All it pretty much does is take out all the water weight and not letting your muscles get the proper nutrition.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's rubbish.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Only if you refer to having a lemonade with my dinner. I have done that, and masterfully cleansed my plate to boot.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Wallets.

Love it. :)
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options

Wallets.

Brilliant!