Feeling pretty down

Options
only on the site a month find it really great, have been going to curves to help tone up. Had my first weight in on Thursday and have only lost 6 and a half pounds for the month. I really thought i had done better. Felt really down so didn't even bother doing any exercise yesterday. :cry:

Replies

• indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you felt down for only losing six and a half pounds in a month. I am not by no means as knowlegeable as a lot of people on here but I feel that is a good number. You could be building muscle also as you exercised. You only hurt your on progress by not exercising. Lose the weight slowly and healthy. Good luck with the journey.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I also think that's good. If you think about it it's a pound a week. Plus if you didn't exercise before you were converting fat into musle. Are your measurements different? Good luck and keep going!:smile:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi mandyor,

Try not to feel bad about your progress. I looked and saw from your ticker that you want to lose 33 pounds (at least for now). When you think of it, 6.5 pounds out of 33 pounds is 19.7%!!! Wow! You should be congratulating yourself and celebrating by a victory lap or two around the track!

Try not to be disappointed--rather, try to re-frame your success in a way that's a bit more positive. :happy:

I wish you luck on the rest of your journey! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Now that just doesn't even make sense. You lost weight right? So what you were doing was working, right? So tell me again why you've given up on yourself? Come on now. Let's be serious here. Get your butt back to Curves... I guarantee it's a better way to lose weight than sitting around feeling sorry for yourself.

And remember this... often times in life, it's our expectations that let us down. You expected to do "better than great", so when you only did "great", you felt let down. If you had only expected to lose a pound per week, for a total of four, how would you have felt at the end of the month when you lost 6.5? Fantastic and motivated I bet. It's all about perspective.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    6 1/2 pounds in one month is very good. Just keep at it and the weight will come off. Slow and steady is the best way to do it. Sometimes it may even be less, but as long as you are making progress be proud of it and keep going.
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss and it's better than a gain.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Darlin if you only have 35 pounds to lose to begin with, you wont see Biggest Loser numbers.

6 pounds is fanTAStic! 1.5 pounds a week of ugly fat gone from your body!!! WOOT!!

So last year at this time, what were you saying? I wish I could wear a bathing suit, I am so fat, I wish the scale didnt say I GAINED another pound????

Well guess what...............your on your way!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mandyor
    mandyor Posts: 26
    Options
    You all have me on the verge of tears here thank you so much for all the kind words of encouragement. I think it's just I remember a time i would have lost 7 lbs in a week. I keep forgetting i'm not as young as i used to be!! I'm going to keep on at it and remember your all right i've lost some weight rather than added any else on. Thanks again
  • mandyor
    mandyor Posts: 26
    Options
    Yeah i'm down about an inch off my waise thigh and bust (the one place i don't need to lose anything else from)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    6 1/2 lbs is great!! Don't ever feel bad about not losing a certain amount.

I think that is why people fail at this. They get their expectations SO high and want to rush the process so bad....and then give up when it doesn't go that way. But every pound you lose is a pound closer to your goal! And even WELL before you reach your goal weight..you will be feeling SO much better.

Think of what a pound of butter looks like and then think that you lost 6 1/2 of those!! I mean, WOW!!!!!

Good job!! And keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • Jill42MN
    Jill42MN Posts: 35
    Options
    You are doing awesome!! Keep it up!! I understand how you feel though - it gets hard at times. But you are doing this for yourself! So, keep on keeping on!!!!
  • ramb
    ramb Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel blue but I think you have much to celebrate...YOU ARE 6.5 POUNDS LIGHTER! I'm brand new at this site and I think you are fantastic for trying and succeeding. I personally think it's worth celebrating when I don't gain anything, so in my opinion it's a HUGE celebration for losing anything, especially 6.5 pounds. I can't wait for any loss to start happening for me. You're great and keep with your program.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yeah i'm down about an inch off my waise thigh and bust (the one place i don't need to lose anything else from)

remember the bust lost is usually ugly back fat!! soo WOOT on 1" on the bust:laugh: :laugh:

BTW I lost 4" on my bust and did NOT go down a bra size:huh: