SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! May 16th

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
So, it's official, I will be a yoga puddle by tonight. A humble yoga puddle. Nothing like an advanced class to make you feel like a wimp. I really need to work on headstand and shoulderstand. I just starting doing them (because of 20 odd something years of neck issues) - so I can only stay for a few minutes :embarassed: - I had to do the alternative.
I won't get into what I think about inversions and menstruation - but it was mentioned. I seriously doubt only one woman in the class was having her period :huh:
(for MM, yoga is a very old practice and has the antiquated belief is that women shouldn't do a certain set of poses when they are menstruating).

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Yoga puddle boogaloo!

Mary

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing a home practice yesterday, so it's off to Bikram this afternoon.

Then, tomorrow I leave for a few days. When I get back, I'm starting my "new" workout schedule. (I'm still working out what that will be. . . more yoga for sure, but trying to figure out the right balance w/ cardio, etc.)

Packing my bags boogaloo.:drinker:

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm back with full force!!!!

When I stopped counting calories I thought my hour of sweat pouring exercise would still help me lose weight. I was WRONG!!! I weighed myself this morning (first time in over a month). And I hit 152! My original starting weight last Sept!

I lost 12 pounds before so I know I can do it again! So here's to new beginnings! :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Good morning. At least I hope it will be. :tongue:
    Renae, I am right there with you. I am back to my original weight (maybe 4-5 pounds shy). I am going to working on working out this week and then try to work on my food problems after I get back into a routine.
    I have a sinus/upper respiratory thing again. :grumble: I think it's mostly sinus. I hope it won't slow me down. How could I possibly get any slower? :indifferent:
    My walk today will be in Walmart. Don't know if that really counts but I need to shop and it is raining outside. I am sure I will burn more calories yelling at Alex than walking around. He's already in a foul mood this morning. At least DH is going. If Alex acts up they can go to the car. oi.
    The other plan today is to watch the biggest loser finale. :smile:
    I'm off for now. Have fun yoga-ing, Mary and Vivia! :tongue:
    Renae, I forgot to say welcome back! We missed you!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Renae.

Very tired - even though the afternoon class was restorative. Almost had a meltdown. Everything was on the head (dog with head on block, forward bend with head on block) and upside down. I couldn't stay upside down, wasn't feeling great, and tried to sneak out of class. The teacher brought me back in and I did supported chest openers. I really, really wanted to leave. My head is killing me and I just want to go to bed, but alas, a friend is coming over.

:yawn:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I am back at home. I actually have been back since Thursday (we got done early!), but have been sleeping a lot and getting back to normalcy. Oh, and working yesterday. I actually did really well eating and exercising while I was gone - since I was having trouble sleeping during the day, my fellow night-shifter and I ended up going on a few hikes. My husband commented this morning that I seemed a little smaller, and I thought, "yeah, right." But I weighed myself and I was 150! Now, it might be dehydration, but I don't think I have seen a number that low since I got back from studying abroad in college - or maybe even high school. And I measured my waist, and I've lost about an inch there since my last measurement too! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My next official check-in is Tuesday, so we'll see if I stay there.
    (for MM, yoga is a very old practice and has the antiquated belief is that women shouldn't do a certain set of poses when they are menstruating).
    You know, I saw a warning about that at the beginning of one of my Rodney Yee videos, and I was thinking, "what the heck?" :huh: Seems pretty absurd to me. The only problem I have ever had doing any sort of exercise during my period was one time running gave me cramps (I almost never get them). But it didn't last long.

I hope you feel better tomorrow, Mary! And welcome back, Renae. :flowerforyou: