Scales that really work

Options
Today I had to return my 3rd scale in 2 months! It seems everyone I get does not work! Today I stepped on it 18 times and got 18 different readings (a big difference 146 to 160). What brand of scale do you use and does it work?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Are you using it on a solid surface, in the same place every time? Mine is a glass digital scale made by 'Thinner', it seems pretty consistent as long as I use it in the same spot every time. It lives in 1 square of tile and only moves when I need to clean the floor. LOL
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Are you using it on a solid surface, in the same place every time? Mine is a glass digital scale made by 'Thinner', it seems pretty consistent as long as I use it in the same spot every time. It lives in 1 square of tile and only moves when I need to clean the floor. LOL

I do the same, does not move its in the same place! I just dont get it! It was a health-o-meter (3 of the same kind) i was a cheap Walmart brand but still.
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can tell you what not to buy. I have a weight watcher digital scale from Costco. It is a fickled scale! I can get on it four different times in the morning and I'll get 4 different weights! not the best!
  • alexngbr
    alexngbr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit but guess that would be a pretty expensive way of getting some scales...!
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    I have been using a Withing scale, the price tag is not for the faint of heart, at almost $150 is is not cheap.

But it has been accurate within 1lb and it uploads and stores all my weigh ins via wifi so I can track them over time on my ipad.

Is it a bit much, yes, but it can track several people so everyone in my house uses it.
    It also measures body fat, but I tend not to trust that part as any scale doing that measurement is not very accurate.
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    mine i got from walmart. not sure of the brand but it is glass and has the bodyfat test which i feel is completely useless. it is very good as far as being accurate tho. i can jump on it 5x and get the same result. it cost around $30 +
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I threw my scales in the bin today, they really depress me. I weight in at the doctors surgery, but I cant help but check. Last time I went my scales said I'd put on 3 lbs , i'd lost 2.5, then last week they said I'd lost a pound, but then before weigh in today they said i'd still only lost a pound, then I stood on them again when I got dressed and I'd gained another 2. I'd lost another 2.5. So THEY WENT INTA THE BIN
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have gone through a few and by far the best is the Eatsmart Precision. And they are only $37 on Amazon. It's got awesome reviews and it's really consistent.
  • stephstar15
    stephstar15 Posts: 125
    Options
    Stop shopping at Walmart is a start. Here is what I have and it works.

http://www.canadianweigh.com/scales/my-weigh-elite-solar
  • carramel0705
    carramel0705 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mine is a glass digital scale made by 'Thinner', it seems pretty consistent

same brand and have had no problems getting the same reading even if i move the scale from bathroom to bedroom
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have gone through a few and by far the best is the Eatsmart Precision. And they are only $37 on Amazon. It's got awesome reviews and it's really consistent.

I have this one - I really like it. Also got my food scale from this seller on Amazon.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I use a Thinner scale. It doesnt always get used in the same place, and still gives consistent readings.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Making my mark in this thread as I really need a suggestion for a new one! Mine is ridiculous. I've only had it for 2 months (if not less) and it gives different weights within a 10 pound weight range. So I'll step on, get one weight, step off. Step on again 10 seconds later and get a weight 10 pounds more, and repeat :\
  • hannata86
    hannata86 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have been using a Withing scale, the price tag is not for the faint of heart, at almost $150 is is not cheap.

But it has been accurate within 1lb and it uploads and stores all my weigh ins via wifi so I can track them over time on my ipad.

Is it a bit much, yes, but it can track several people so everyone in my house uses it.
    It also measures body fat, but I tend not to trust that part as any scale doing that measurement is not very accurate.

Another Withings user here, of all the scales I've tried they seem to be the most settled number wise. My BF% never varies hugely, which I always had problems with on other scales. :) I paid a whopping £120 (190 US dollars) but worth every penny :)
  • lynn_1972
    lynn_1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have scales I got with my AbDoer Twist chair that I bought and used for 3 or 4 days,they never stay the same either so now I just use the wii fit board only thing that seems to work for me :)
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit but guess that would be a pretty expensive way of getting some scales...!

That is what I do as well, I got sick of scales that changed their minds every time I stepped on.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    mine are definatley broken, i havent lost weight in months!! ;)
  • WalkingFlower
    WalkingFlower Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i've bought diagnostic scale Beurer BF 100 (not a cheap one) although my old scale was good and precise.
    But this one determines body fat, water and muscles percentage. You can set your target weight and the scale has memory for 10 users with their settings and remembers 30 measurements per each one user.

http://bit.ly/GDhkP0
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Use the one in the Gym, Do not own scales at all.
  • WalkingFlower
    WalkingFlower Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mine are definatley broken, i havent lost weight in months!! ;)

:D