better control today

Options
chopsticks
chopsticks Posts: 106 Member
i knew the calorie counter would help with how much i ate, but i didn't realize how well. Today i put my second cup of coffee in before i drank it, when i seen how much it boosted my calories up(cause i like all the extras in my coffee) I decided not to have it and switch early to my water. I also cut down on the size of my breakfast. Keeping track of what i'm eating and what it's costing me in calories has made me alot more aware...after i made my daughter some jelly toast this morning i stopped myself from licking the knife...baby steps. But i just started this yesterday and compared to them i cut my breakfast calories in half!!!! One day at a time.

Replies

• jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I usually plan my day first thing in the morning, then I can see where I need to add or subtract, I plan my meals first, and then check to see what calories I have left for my snacks. Before, I would have breakfast and lunch, and then realized I had used too many calories and didn't have a lot left for dinner, or had a ton left and couldn't eat them all by the end of the day!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    :flowerforyou:
    I find that sometimes I feel like having a snack, but when I log it in, it doesn't seem worth the calories/carbs, so I delete it & skip it.
    Some times I don't want to have to log it so I skip it.
    :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! :drinker:
  • chopsticks
    chopsticks Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I put my stuff in that i'm gonna eat for dinner and i have 15 calories for the day!! Alot better than yesterday and i haven't even gotten on the treadmill yet...but i will!!!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My total for the day is the deciding factor for my snack....yogurt parfait or nothing. If I don't have the calories, I pass. I never would have done that before...I would have justt ate it and anything else that came across my path..LOL!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!