Ouch..I hurt my elbow

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi everyone

Not sure where to post this but was looking for some feedback
Last week I banged my elbow (REALLY hard, so much so a few curse words followed)
It was fine at first, but the past few days if my elbow/bone/knobby part touches anything..even if I graze past something....it hurts REALLY badly....trying to sleep has been tough
BUT I can still work out, do push ups, bend it w/ out pain.....I'm still doing J/M 30 day shred and it doesn't hurt AT ALL to use weights etc
Today I'm having some tingling and numbness/burning down my arm

I've never been injured before :sad: :laugh:
Anyway, should I hold off on ALL exc for a few days....it doesn't seem that bad if I could bend it and work out w/ out pain
Having my 4/5 yr old 24/7 makes it difficlut to get to a Dr etc..and I didn't want to jump the gun if it will resolve itslef

Sorry so lengthy
any thoughts?
Kim

Replies

• mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    dang, kim, didn't know you were injured! :frown:

i'm definitely no doc, but it sounds like you've injured a nerve if it's tingly and feeling like it's asleep -- the elbow is pretty tough, but doesn't mean you can't have a small fracture... is it swelling? did you try to ice it at all? it's not always bad to work out if injured...sometimes it helps, but i wonder if you're not putting too much strain in the area. if it's trying to repair itself from whatever happened and you're putting strain on it by exercising, you might not be doing the right thing.

if it was me, before i spent time/money at the dr's office, i would take it easy with the arm and ice the elbow for a day or two and see what happens. i can tell you i've put too much strain on my elbows before and it just took a couple days of being nice to it and ice to relieve it and get back to normal.

if it's not better monday, i think the smart thing to do is to break down and check with a dr

:flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    dang, kim, didn't know you were injured! :frown:

i'm definitely no doc, but it sounds like you've injured a nerve if it's tingly and feeling like it's asleep -- the elbow is pretty tough, but doesn't mean you can't have a small fracture... is it swelling? did you try to ice it at all? it's not always bad to work out if injured...sometimes it helps, but i wonder if you're not putting too much strain in the area. if it's trying to repair itself from whatever happened and you're putting strain on it by exercising, you might not be doing the right thing.

if it was me, before i spent time/money at the dr's office, i would take it easy with the arm and ice the elbow for a day or two and see what happens. i can tell you i've put too much strain on my elbows before and it just took a couple days of being nice to it and ice to relieve it and get back to normal.

if it's not better monday, i think the smart thing to do is to break down and check with a dr

:flowerforyou:

Yes, I'm injured...don't you feel bad now for dissing me...
    darn, I should have played the sympathy card

seriously though, thanks for your feedback....I was planning to hold off going to the Dr for at least a few days
    It's just seems so unusual that I can bend it and work out w/ out any pain, but simply lying down in bed and turning hurts like hell
    It doesn't seem swollen.....haven't tried ice yet (i will)

Just hit the treadmill for a walk/run...guess I'll concentrate on cardio/yoga and lay off the weights

have a good one..thank, Kim
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim - sorry you hurted yourself lol - I've been around my 5 year old too much! Hope the ice thing helps - maybe after a day or so of that try heat too. Hope you get better! :flowerforyou: