Silly question...??

Options
This might sound like a silly question, I started MFP last week and I'm confused about the net calories... am I aiming for high net calories or low net calories?? Thanks :)

Replies

• Gelasia
    Gelasia Posts: 3
    Options
    Low, but at least 1200 food calories a day.
  • briscottcoach
    Options
    1200 is the absolute minimum net calories you should be taking in. Depending on your activity level it could be more. What did MFP set for you and how much are you looking to lose each week?
  • Amburglar
    Amburglar Posts: 32
    Options
    Not a silly question at all! :-) Try to keep your net calories at what your recommended daily intake is my MFP. If it recommends 1500 per day, then that is what your NET should be. Highly recommend never going below 1200 per day. And if you're working out a lot, you definitely need more than 1200 per day to feed your muscle. Good luck!
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Good question...I have been on here for a month and I was wondering the same thing today because I didn't lose any weight this week. I stayed under my calorie goals but I did work out a TON and ate those EXTRA calories that MFP gave me. Now was that wrong?

p.s. I lost a lot in inches even though I didn't really lose weight. I actually think I gained a pound. =(
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good question...I have been on here for a month and I was wondering the same thing today because I didn't lose any weight this week. I stayed under my calorie goals but I did work out a TON and ate those EXTRA calories that MFP gave me. Now was that wrong?

p.s. I lost a lot in inches even though I didn't really lose weight. I actually think I gained a pound. =(

What's more important to you? How much you weigh or how well you look?