At a stand still?

Options
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, so any suggestions would be great. I've burned almost 4000 calories this week. I've stayed within my 1300 calories, but still no weight loss....I've actually gained a pound. I drink atleast 10 to 15 cups of water a day,,,its all I drink. Whats am I doing wrong or not doing at all? HELP!!!!!

Replies

• 54harleygirl
    Options
    try eating what you want for one day. Not excessively but in moderation. It makes your brain think you are not on a diet, and kicks in the fat burning . I have used this before and it does work. Sometimes you may even gain a pound but the end result is that your body starts burning fat faster again. I'm not saying this works for everyone, but it is an idea for you to try.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I would say you're not eating enough so your body is hanging on to it's reserves. You probably should add some of your exercise calories into your daily consumption - maybe not every single one but try about 50% or so and see if that helps. Also, if you are at your TOM, the bloating will get you everytime! Try eating a little more though, should help.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Did you take your measurements when you started?
    Your most likely just building muscle, so even though your weight is staying the same your actually losing fat.
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Maybe you gained some muscle?
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    i'm gonna do some math for you:

if this is over 7 days you have taken in 9100 calories and burnt 4000 leaving you with 5100.... which is 728 calories per day.... you are starving your body and it is holding on to everything it can because it's not getting enough....

if this is over 5 days then it's even worse 6500 - 4000 = 2500 or 500 calories per day --

your body is literally starving and in survival mode.

you gotta add more calories if you're gonna burn em like that!!
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I have been eating back some of my calories, but I can't always because I'm full. I'll try to eat a little more. That sounds so weird when your trying to lose weight! lol

Mfinney you look great! Thanks for the advice and math! lol
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I have been eating back some of my calories, but I can't always because I'm full. I'll try to eat a little more. That sounds so weird when your trying to lose weight! lol

Mfinney you look great! Thanks for the advice and math! lol

yeah, it goes against what you would think, but i think you'll find it will help; i make sure i discipline myself not just to eat the right foods, but also to eat enough and spread it out throughout the day -- it makes such a difference. i never starve and i'm never "stuffed" -- you'll get it figured out -- it's apparent you are determined!! and that's the best part. good luck!

and thanks for the compliment too :smile: