how do u post p90x workout???

i am doin the x-factor:st workout and don't know how to post it...any info will be helpful...thanks

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    for P90x, you really should get a HRM to accurately calculate calories burned. ranges can be between 200-900 calories burned per workout.

If you cannot afford one right now, I'd figure about 400 calories...are you doing the meal plan as well?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    HR monitor is the best way. You will have to create each exercise in the custom section. Basically click exercise, click add exercise, type in P90X and when you find it you will see add your own exercise in the lower right. Click that and fill in the form. It will always show up now when you search it.
    As far as how many calories the fitness guide says the average male will burn 600 per workout if you complete the full 60 mins or so. Plyo will burn more. If you are a lot over weight you will burn more. Using 600 as a guide until you get a HR monitor will work for now.
  • GGullett
    GGullett Posts: 4
    not really doing the meal plans but i am watching what i eat and staying in the range that my fitness pal is telling me too...
  • How does one figure out the calories burned using a heart rate monitor? I have one and i have no clue how to calculate the heart rate with the calories.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Please get a HRM. I did day one and burned 296 calories so it differs from person to person. The HRM are
    expensive but they are so woth it. MFP really exaggerates calories burned.
  • So i have a heart rate monitor and i use it before i start my work out and check it mid-way but unsure how it tells me how many calories i burned or how i figure that out.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I use a HRM
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 462 Member
    So i have a heart rate monitor and i use it before i start my work out and check it mid-way but unsure how it tells me how many calories i burned or how i figure that out.

Sounds like you went with an affordable watch HRM. I bought one and returned it the next day. From what I was told - you'd need to check your HR every 5-10 mins. Hopefully your watch will average it for you. Once you get the average - go to a website like this one

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

And it will give you a good estimate of how many calories you burned. If you bought the HRM recently - I would suggest returning it and getting one with a chest strap! I swear by mine!
  • yeah the one i have has the chest strap and for teh life of me i have yet to figure out how to use it. My husband bought it so maybe i should ask him how to use it :)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Please get a HRM. I did day one and burned 296 calories so it differs from person to person. The HRM are
    expensive but they are so woth it. MFP really exaggerates calories burned.

Women burn less than men. That's just the way it is. I tell woment to estimate 300-400 per workout so you're right there.