Strength training videos

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 762 Member
Hello,

I'm looking for some strength training vids to do, I have weights, resistance bands, and my body weight of course. Eventually I might try something like P90X but for now, I don't really want to commit a full hour to working out (more like somewhere between 20 - 40 minutes).

More vids like this 20 minute one by Denice Austin would be rad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKOMBCc_81U

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why don't you want to commit to working out for an hour? P90x videos, once you get used to the workouts and can fast forward through the explinations, you can probably do a video in 45-50 minutes. If you're in a crunch for time, you can condense the videos to 30 minutes if you do the exercises to failure, which may not take the full minute. For example, if you're doing push-ups and you fail at 20...that may only have been 30-40 seconds. You can fast forward to the next exercise and start that, knocking a little time off each one.
  • 1a1a
    Options
    I was doing an absolute killer amount of exercise for a while a few months ago, Turbofire, bike riding, walking (love Turbofire) and I lost a nice bit of weight, but I was also jobless and commitment free. Now I'm working from home which is a blimmin pain cos every little thing distracts me. I'm still keen to exercise but I need to prioritise some other things above it hence the feeling comfortable committing 20 to 40 mins but not 60 (which turns into 90 after showering and eating and getting focussed to do desk work again).

Edit: Love your display pic, something about the greenery, very refreshing. :-)
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    You can get in a great workout in 20 minutes. :)
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Try Be Fit In 90-- its free, on YouTube, and averages 30-35 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/befitin90
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 hands down. I really did get ripped in 30 (and didn't follow her diet plan).
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Jillian gets me with those 'fast feet' ugh, I HATE them! (Did succeed in doing the 30 day shred though). Can't wait to try fit in 90. Any others floating around? Keep these suggestions coming (the more variety, the less boredom :-D ).

Thank you for all the suggestions so far.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Kelly Coffey Meyers 30 minute workouts she has some really good strength training workouts and cardio. Check out her website Coffeyfit.com.