zig-zagging calories?

Options
Renae_Nae
Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
So after some research I've decided I'm going to try this since last go around I plateaued a lot and was constantly up-ing my calories to break it, the reducing to lose again.

So far here are my stats.

I'm 5'4 and weigh 152 pounds.
My goal weight is 130.
Since I'm not to far off (meaning I don't have 50+ pounds to lose) I've been told by several "professionals" (a dr, a physical fitness trainer, and a health teacher) that I should focus on learning to eat the Maintence calories for what I would need at 130 pound (Roughly 1,500 calories a day). and eat HALF of my exercise calories. So if I burned 500 calories today from working out I would eat 250.

So at 1,500 calories a day but zig-zagging I figured...

Sunday 1600
Monday 1300
Tuesday 1600
Wednesday 1300
Thursday 1400
Friday 1500
Saturday 1800

Thoughts? Opinions? I can work out all day but I really stuggle with food!

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not exercising on the 1300 days, I suppose that could work.

Though if I were told the same thing, I would go for 1500 on nonexercise days and 1750-1800 on exercise days.
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    I tried this a few months back didn't work for me, not sure why it made perfect sense:noway:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    So after some research I've decided I'm going to try this since last go around I plateaued a lot and was constantly up-ing my calories to break it, the reducing to lose again.

So far here are my stats.

I'm 5'4 and weigh 152 pounds.
    My goal weight is 130.
    Since I'm not to far off (meaning I don't have 50+ pounds to lose) I've been told by several "professionals" (a dr, a physical fitness trainer, and a health teacher) that I should focus on learning to eat the Maintence calories for what I would need at 130 pound (Roughly 1,500 calories a day). and eat HALF of my exercise calories. So if I burned 500 calories today from working out I would eat 250.

So at 1,500 calories a day but zig-zagging I figured...

Sunday 1600
    Monday 1300
    Tuesday 1600
    Wednesday 1300
    Thursday 1400
    Friday 1500
    Saturday 1800

Thoughts? Opinions? I can work out all day but I really stuggle with food!

You can exercise on the low calorie days. I swear by zig zagging, of done right, you'll never plateau, i've been doing this for years, and it works beautifully for me, I do exercise the heaviest on the highest calorie day, but I also never burn less then 700 a day, and that's on my 1300 calorie days....gotta find what works for you.