Weight Loss Yoga and Pilates DVD suggestions!

Options
Title says it all I need some suggestions:) Looking to do this and strength training instead of cardio!

Replies

• Arani70
    Arani70 Posts: 84
    Options
    I like the Winsor Pilates DVD's!!
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    Options
    I enjoy doing The Pilates Method :smile: I have am currently taking a pilates class where the instructor was trained with this style and have rented a couple of videos of the same style & really enjoy them. I have tried other pilates DVD's and have not enjoyed them in the least.

Check to see if your local library has any vidoes that you can take for a test drive before investing money in a style that you may not enjoy :smile:

Good luck!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    For weight loss yoga, any "power" or vinyasa flow DVD should work. A great beginner's workout is Bryan Kest's 20-minute beginner's routine (From his Power Yoga Beginner's Series). For advanced beginners, my fave is Yoga Live's Energy Flow for Weight Loss but that's probably too hard to find. There's also Sara Ivanhoe's 20-minute Yoga Makeover DVD which has five practices (one is a flow for weight loss) and Ashley Turner's Yoga for Weight Loss. And, last but not least, there's the Ellen Barrett classic Super SlimDown Pilates Yoga Blend which combines a yoga flow with pilates. These are all great practices, I'm sure you'll find one you love. Enjoy!
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you have a laptop, you can also bring it into your workout room, attach it to your TV (so the screen appears on the TV), and head over to Hulu. There is a ton of yoga and pilates stuff on there to try.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    so happy to find this thread! i've been looking for yoga dvds as well, great info!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    blogilates.com !!!!
  • leahmac98
    Options
    I have been doing Pilates this month and can already tell a big difference. I'm really busy, so I do the "10 Minute Solution" Pilates DVD. It also comes with a band to use. I do 3 or 4 of the workouts every morning. They're easy to follow and fun! I also like that they're 10 minutes long and I can watch the time on my DVD player- it's keeps me motivated. :)
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i like the Jillian Michaels yoga dvd, it's intense